[SOLVED] Windows 10 not picking up headset.

Apr 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I recently built a PC for gaming purposes. Only problem is that my PC isn't picking up my headset. I looked online for a solution (did the usual checks) and even asked in a couple other places. I'm running my speakers directly to my Acer monitor to play sound.

I noticed that my computer is missing Realtek audio manager so I tried downloading and installing. However I don't see it installed anywhere when I restart my PC (which itself takes forever to do). Not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Anyone else have/has had this problem? I would rather not go without being able to speak to friends online lol.

Solution
Which model?
If it uses a normal 3.5mm cable then yes, connect that to the green audio port on the back of the pc.
If it connects via USB then typically the drivers will install when you plug them in but read the manual for the speakers first. Sometimes drivers need to be installed before you plug them in.
Apr 21, 2021
Add your system specs and the monitor make & model as well.
Monitors often need an audio cables connected to the rear PC jacks to pass the headset thru or are sound only (no mic).

Hi, here are my specs:
Device name DESKTOP-0B5UAMQ
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 5FE9D995-3757-496D-803C-501B28898147
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Monitor is a ACER H236HL

Apr 21, 2021
Yes you need to connect an audio cable to the back of the monitor for the speakers to work.
Please be aware that monitor speakers usually are not very good at all.

Will a regular aux cable work? Also they're not monitor speakers, it's a set of Logitech speakers. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

popatim

Titan
Which model?
If it uses a normal 3.5mm cable then yes, connect that to the green audio port on the back of the pc.
If it connects via USB then typically the drivers will install when you plug them in but read the manual for the speakers first. Sometimes drivers need to be installed before you plug them in.

Solution