[SOLVED] Windows 10 PIN Setup, Cannot Log In - Can Log In Via Microsoft Account

robothawk

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
I recently got my laptop back after having the motherboard replaced. It is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. When I went to log in, it says that the PIN needs to be set up again. I then click "Set Up PIN" and it asks me to log in using my username and password. Now, I know my password for my windows account, and my username/email for that, so I attempt to login using that, however it rejects it. I then log in using the "use microsoft account login" with no problem. But I can't set up my PIN, and I'd rather not be stuck only logging on when I have Wifi.

I cannot find how to reset the local password, as going to settings and resetting the password there starts to reset my Microsoft password. I have gone into my user accounts list and found my administrator username, but I cannot find a way to reset the password.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Solution
Hello

Can you please try the following:

* Right-click Start.

* Go to Computer Management.

* Expand Local Users and Groups.

* Select the Users container.

* Right-click your local Windows account from the right pane.

* Click Reset password, and follow the on-screen instructions from there.

Please note that the Local Users and Groups tree is available only in Windows 10 Pro and above editions.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

Can you please try the following:

* Right-click Start.

* Go to Computer Management.

* Expand Local Users and Groups.

* Select the Users container.

* Right-click your local Windows account from the right pane.

* Click Reset password, and follow the on-screen instructions from there.

Please note that the Local Users and Groups tree is available only in Windows 10 Pro and above editions.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution