[SOLVED] Windows 10 search not working

Rickz6

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Searchbar just does nothing. Opens a box, nothing appears even after I type. I've checked that the service is running, and that the folder is indexing. Any help is appreciated as this makes everything difficult.

Solution
Hi Guys. Heres what worked for me on multiple PCs.
Open Regedit:
navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
Make sure that the key, Cortana Consent is 0
Make a New D-Word 32 called "BingSearchEnabled" and set it to 0

Restart and you should be able to search

Rickz6

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Similar to this

word-image-585x354.png

Lutfij

Titan
Looks like a corruption of your OS. I've had to deal with a similar system for repair, simple solution was to reinstall the OS(after backing up all critical content from OS's installation drive onto a removable storage device).

Feb 5, 2020
Oddly enough, I just noticed mine wasn't working either. The only thing I can recall I did within the last week was compress my C drive to save space. My windows keys don't work either. ( Windows + R for example)

Feb 5, 2020
Open Regedit:
navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

Solution

Rickz6

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Open Regedit:

im not sure if it was this or something mentioned above, but the problem is corrected. thanks everyone