Apr 14, 2020
it happened after my pc suddenly turn off by itself when playing games (because previously, i overclocked it and i think my psu shut the pc down). i've plugged in an installation media and after i selected "generic usb" in boot settings, it bring me to a blue screen with this message:

Recovery

your pc needs to be repaired

the application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

file:\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
error code: 0xc0000225

you'll need to use recovery tools.if you don't have any installation media (like disc or usb device),contact your pc administrator or pc/device manufacturer.

press enter to try again.-----------I
I---> Display blink when i try to click enter or f8. but none happened
press f8 for startup settings.-----I

i created the installation media using the media creation tool.
and no startup repair after i restarted the pc around 3 times or more.
are there any ways to fix this?
i'm using desktop pc.
spec (if necessary):
11 years old mobo. p5kpl am
core 2 duo e7400 socket lga 775 cpu
4 gb ddr2 ram
gt 730 gpu
hitachi 500 gb hdd

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you sure its booting off the USB and not just trying to load win 10? have you installed it off USB on the PC before? Was win 10 an upgrade from 7 or 8?

could try making another installer if you sure it did load off the USB as that is the boot file, so windows isn't going anywhere.

I don't think its the hdd, more windows. As if drive wasn't there, you get another reaction.

Apr 14, 2020
i created the installation media recently and haven't yet used it. i installed windows 10 from windows 7 using media creation. and before the black screen with a stripe appear, i clicked f8 and opened the boot settings . i clicked the "generic usb" one instead of hdd or anything that is in the list.
here's what is in the list:
please select boot device
-ESD generic usb
-cd rom drive (empty)
-hitachi 500 gb
-dell external hdd 1tb

i selected the ESD generic usb and instead of bringing me to the familiar windows screen with install and repair button, it bring me to the recovery screen i explained below the title.