Feb 20, 2019
I was having a problem with audio and then i formated my computer, after that this problem was solved but now i have a new problem...
Whenever i right click a pinned folder/program on taskbar the thing that open on the right click window dont work, it says "The item you selected is not available. Could have been moved, removed or the name might have been changed. Do you want to remove it from the list?"
Motherboard: Msi gaming plus x470
Ram: G.skill aegis 2x8gb 3000mhz
Storage: ssd 240gb, hdd 1tb
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600x
Gpu: gtx 1070 ti

Colif

Win 11 Master
if its only a new install, something's broken pretty quick. Are the applications all on C or on the other drive?

if you pin file explorer to the taskbar, does it know where that is?

it feels like suggesting a new user to test might be answer but then, you shouldn't need a new one so soon after a format. Try making a new local user - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account - make it admin, copy contents of current (old) users folder in c/users/username over top of new one to give it same access... won't need to install anything then, just log back into steam

if that fixes it, its faster than a reformat

Otherwise, we continue on... try this:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Reactions: Drakathz
Feb 20, 2019
if its only a new install, something's broken pretty quick. Are the applications all on C or on the other drive?

if you pin file explorer to the taskbar, does it know where that is?

it feels like suggesting a new user to test might be answer but then, you shouldn't need a new one so soon after a format. Try making a new local user - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account - make it admin, copy contents of current (old) users folder in c/users/username over top of new one to give it same access... won't need to install anything then, just log back into steam

if that fixes it, its faster than a reformat

Otherwise, we continue on... try this:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Created new user did all u said to do, and still same problem.

Did those things on powershell (admin) and everything was fine, scannow didnt find any problem and the second command said my computer was healthy and all fine...

All my stuff is on disk D which is my HDD, on C i only have drivers and apps such as discord,msi afterburner, cpuz, headphone driver, etc..

Feb 20, 2019
Well... i just couldnt stand this problem anymore and all the "fixes" i have to do and nothing get solved, so i just reinstalled windows keeping my old stuff.

Everything is fine now, had to install some apps again and change some stuff, but well its working fine now.

Feb 20, 2019
it was an idea that had crossed my mind. Clearly that install was broken. GL with this one :)
i was going to suggest a full reinstall but i assumed you didn't want to hear that... LOL :p

Thx Colif.
And yeah Mandark i rly didnt want to do that since putting all programs/games back takes quite some time, especially with a FULL reinstall, i just reinstalled windows keeping all my stuff.

Btw, should i choose my "answer" as best answer ? idk how this forum works sry

D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, you can choose your answer as best, there should be something you can click on the post to mark Best Answer

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thx Colif.
And yeah Mandark i rly didnt want to do that since putting all programs/games back takes quite some time, especially with a FULL reinstall, i just reinstalled windows keeping all my stuff.

Btw, should i choose my "answer" as best answer ? idk how this forum works sry
yeah, you can choose your answer as best, there should be something you can click on the post to mark Best Answer

Users shouldn't be marking their own answers (ones they gave) as right answer, even if it is correct. It will be marked as right at a later time, but its not right to self award :)