Windows 10 Technical Preview 10074: Windows 10 Nearing Completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished
And the mothertrucking theme still looks like Windows 8. It's Windows 8.2. Same bullcrap, with an initially-smaller startscreen. What the fracking fruck? You call that Windows 10? Oh wow! Just wow!

Sam Bittermann

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Oh WOW! Indeed, but only at your ignorance. Keep on hating all you want, that vast majority of us W10 users are very, very happy with it.

I'd hate to disagree with you but the last build was buggy as hell. HDMI audio stopped working altogether and the programs UI elements are still not consistent at all. I really like the under the hood changes but the UI is still a mess and very inconsistent. A lot of work yet to be done in a short amount of time.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well announced Wednesday that Windows 10 will be able to port Android, IOS, Java, Chrome and Linus to modern Windows. Windows 10 all apps run on the desktop and in Windows. I can't even tell the difference between desktop app and modern apps.

Kadathan

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
And the mothertrucking theme still looks like Windows 8. It's Windows 8.2. Same bullcrap, with an initially-smaller startscreen. What the fracking fruck? You call that Windows 10? Oh wow! Just wow!
So? Your issue with windows 8 / 8.1 was a "It looks dumb" issue rather than a usage issue?
Not the same bullcrap at all, and the start screen not being a separate part of the OS is a huge change in function and usability. Sounds like you have no idea what was wrong with windows 8.

Puiucs

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
So many people who didn't even try windows 10 are writing hate comments. Try it and you'll see how much better it is compared to windows 8.
Also, if you find bugs then send a report to MS, it's the main reason why they are testing it.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
When i built my PC few months ago i did not want to spend $100 for W7 and i would never pay for W8, it is horrible.

So i thought why not give this W10 Tech Preview a try...................it's amazing. To easy to use, great layout, it takes the best of what W7 had, the best of W8 (as little as it had) and combined them.

Windows 8 turned two people in my household into Mac people, it was really THAT bad, but this W10 is honestly great. I suggest everyone upgrade to it.

Looks great! Can't wait to try it!

BTW...Windows 7, Vista, XP users:

While I know you all love the regular start menu, you got to realize that windows is building an OS designed for the future. Touchscreens and mice are going to co exists very soon. So my point to you all is, get used to it. :)

I'm also trying to get used to it, but I adapted from windows 7 to windows 8 just fine. So it shouldn't be too hard to adapt to windows 10.

A_J_S_B

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
Indeed, Windows 10 is almost ready...almost ready to be the next Windows 8 cluster****, that is.

For starters i can't believe that customization of colors, fonts,etc. was EVEN MORE crippled than in Windows 8.x !

Just ******* amazing,

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Indeed, Windows 10 is almost ready...almost ready to be the next Windows 8 cluster****, that is.

For starters i can't believe that customization of colors, fonts,etc. was EVEN MORE crippled than in Windows 8.x !

Just ******* amazing,

You notice how people who have used it give it great reviews and people who did not bash it.

Dude not only is W10 great, when you consider that you are going from W8 it makes it that much better.

A_J_S_B

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
PS:
Never mind to use the trick of using a W7 theme to make it look better w/o going with a HC theme....it will look horrible....don't also try W8 non-HC themes, in special derivated from W7.

...and that Start menu from W10 ?!?
They might as well NEVER made it...simply the ugliest Start menu i ever saw...as usual, Classic Shell to the rescue :rolleyes:

A_J_S_B

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
Larry,
Yeah, yeah, sure...FYI, i'm test driving it for months.
So all that idea falls apart.

What it seems to happen is that majority of nay sayers simply don't give a rats arse and don't bother even to complaint about it, they will give "feedback" with their wallets.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well once Windows 10 comes out all the support will change to Windows 10. Both the driver and software support. An OS is no better then number of apps that run on it. It could be the best technological invent of all time (amiga at one time) and if the app support isn't there it will fail.

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I run windows 8.1 and it's not that bad, I got used to it.
For windows 10, if it can run all my old apps with it, I will upgrade, but that will be probably next year with my new rig.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
It should run all the apps 8.1 did plus more. They have all they have all these new development tools that will convert IOS, Android, Linux, Java and Windows desktop apps to the modern apps. They are trying to design an OS that will run every app written for personal devices.

James Tucker

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Reading the comments, dang so much hate on W8, W8 is not that terrible, yes it has a learning curve, otherwise it is pretty good

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Get rid of the monochrome systray icons, the search on taskbar, and the quick launch bar. Make the start menu at least windows 7 like if not win98, and add a classic theme - I want my old school 3d effects.

Alright, had to get that out of my system before I move past the first image.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
"Windows Aero has returned by popular demand. Live Tile animations were also added to the Start menu." <- NO.

"Automatic updates and restarts" <- NEVER!, better be able to turn that off.

Is that asking you to buy your own music? NOPE.

"System sounds" <- NOPE.

So far unimpressed, although not disgusted like windows 8. Please show us some dialogs etc on how to tweak this beast, because that stock ain't gonna do it for me, especially the start menu.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
So many people who didn't even try windows 10 are writing hate comments. Try it and you'll see how much better it is compared to windows 8.
Also, if you find bugs then send a report to MS, it's the main reason why they are testing it.

Try it how exactly, last I looked previews weren't public.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Well once Windows 10 comes out all the support will change to Windows 10. Both the driver and software support. An OS is no better then number of apps that run on it. It could be the best technological invent of all time (amiga at one time) and if the app support isn't there it will fail.

This is why we need dx12 for windows 7. Beyond dx12 there's zero compelling reason to upgrade.

Kadathan

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

I really don't understand what you're whining about. You don't like the look of stock settings compared to the past ones, form over function I guess?

1) Whats your problem with windows Aero, or is it the tile animations you don't like? Either are customizable

2)Automatic updates and restarts are what makes me stay sane at work. They're not there for your enjoyment, they exist for convenience of updating security as painlessly as possible. If you always ignore them(idiot) then they eventually will make the decision for you. You shouldn't even be able to turn them off outside of an enterprise environment.

3)While you certainly may be okay with stealing data, companies have to at least give the illusion that they support legal channels. Just because you're a cheap ass doesnt mean you should expect everyone/everything else to be. Where's the integrity.

4)God you're a whiner, I don't even know what to say about this one.

I don't mean to make it seem like your opinion means anything to me, it's just that I think you're pretty full of sh*t and I felt like pointing it out. Get a grip and at least find real things to complain about if you can't help but bitch about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.