Question Windows 11 Error Code!!!!

Apr 26, 2022
Hello guys, I have just installed windows 11 on samsung ssd 256gb of my HP laptop the ssd works fine but after few days I was encountering with a blue screen recovery tool EFI win32 error code: 0x000000e when I was installing windows 11 I used legacy bios but in OS boot manager my ssd isn't showing up but after few restarts my laptop boots up just fine.

I don't know what do to my secure boot is enabled and my legacy is disabled in bios, were as in my disk management my disk1 is ssd SEE THE PHOTO BELOW. Please help me how to fix it!! If you have a guide step by step let me know and one more thing
Q) How to undervolt CPU in windows 11?

Q)
What is the difference between legacy and UEFI bios?? which is good one?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full laptop specs.

How did you install Windows 11?

= = = =

No photo noted.

Try posting the photo again using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error code or warning just before or at the time of the BSODs.

Apr 26, 2022
Update your post to include full laptop specs.

How did you install Windows 11?

= = = =

No photo noted.

Try posting the photo again using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error code or warning just before or at the time of the BSODs.
I used Legacy bios while installing windows 11 on my SSD, here is the another post that I have created you can also find the Photo
LINK- https://linustechtips.com/topic/1430436-windows-11-error-code/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Disk.png.d3e8e4bf5db4440c6fa3f2ec3b9b2624.png

your screen shot shows it has installed as UEFI, not legacy

It also shows you probably had 2 drives in PC when you installed since the EFI partition is on disk 0 but C is on Disk 1. It would have been better to just have 1 drive in PC when you installed

since you asked what difference is between UEFI & Legacy - see spoiler
Explanation of terms:

UEFI - Unified extensible Firmware Interface

In 2006 or so Intel decided the bios as it was at time was too limited and needed to be replaced so that it supported newer technologies as they were invented

By about 2009 a consortium of hardware makers had combined to create UEFI standard

Old bios were limited, they didn't know what a mouse was for, so everything was keyboard driven
they weren't expandable, everything had to fit in a small amount of memory
they only supported Master Boot Record (MBR) which can only have 4 partitions per drive (there are tricks to get around this) and max drive size is 2.2 tb

UEFI bios overcame all the limitations of legacy bios (as it came to be called)
it supports mouse, it has a GUI so it looks better than previous bios could
Its expandable, it can be added to to grow as new hardware is created.
UEFI supports MBR & GPT Drives

GPT = GUID Partition Table
GUID = Global Unique ID = Every GPT drive on earth has a unique ID
GPT drives can have a max of 255 partitions on them
Max size of a GPT drive/partition is 18.8 million TB

If its only a recent Install, I would remove 1tb drive and reinstall windows and see if it resolves the errors.

Apr 26, 2022
Disk.png.d3e8e4bf5db4440c6fa3f2ec3b9b2624.png

your screen shot shows it has installed as UEFI, not legacy

It also shows you probably had 2 drives in PC when you installed since the EFI partition is on disk 0 but C is on Disk 1. It would have been better to just have 1 drive in PC when you installed

since you asked what difference is between UEFI & Legacy - see spoiler
Explanation of terms:

UEFI - Unified extensible Firmware Interface

In 2006 or so Intel decided the bios as it was at time was too limited and needed to be replaced so that it supported newer technologies as they were invented

By about 2009 a consortium of hardware makers had combined to create UEFI standard

Old bios were limited, they didn't know what a mouse was for, so everything was keyboard driven
they weren't expandable, everything had to fit in a small amount of memory
they only supported Master Boot Record (MBR) which can only have 4 partitions per drive (there are tricks to get around this) and max drive size is 2.2 tb

UEFI bios overcame all the limitations of legacy bios (as it came to be called)
it supports mouse, it has a GUI so it looks better than previous bios could
Its expandable, it can be added to to grow as new hardware is created.
UEFI supports MBR & GPT Drives

GPT = GUID Partition Table
GUID = Global Unique ID = Every GPT drive on earth has a unique ID
GPT drives can have a max of 255 partitions on them
Max size of a GPT drive/partition is 18.8 million TB

If its only a recent Install, I would remove 1tb drive and reinstall windows and see if it resolves the errors.
How to fix it please tell me and my SSD is not showing up in my boot manager.
Yep my DISK 1 is SSD so how to send efi file to my ssd or something so I can fix it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ssd doesn't show as its not a bootable device, the hdd is.
The EFI partition is the boot partition

Boot the computer using the Windows 7/8/8.1/10 installation media.
  • On the first screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
  • Run the following commands at the command prompt.
diskpart
list disk
select disk #
Note: Select the disk where you want to add the EFI System partition.
list partition
select partition #
Note: Select the Windows OS partition (# number) or your data partition.
shrink desired=100
create partition efi size=100
format quick fs=fat32
assign letter=s
list partition
list volume
Note: Note the volume letter where the Windows OS is installed.
exit

bcdboot X:\windows
/s S:
Note: Replace "X" with the volume letter of the Windows OS partition.

BCDBoot copies the boot files from the Windows partition to the EFI System partition and creates the BCD store in the same partition.

Remove the Windows installation media and restart the computer into your BIOS settings and set the SSD as the First Boot Device.

https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/52837-moving-recreating-efi-partition.html

you can add an efi partition to the C drive with that command but you may want to remove the hdd from boot order or it will just confuse matters later if PC randomly tries to boot from it.