Question Windows 11 problems with Discord & Logitech G933 headset ?

Nov 29, 2021
Hello, even before I upgraded to Windows 11 I've been having issues with my G933 headset. For some reason when my microphone is muted for 10-30 seconds or when I lose signal. My Discord permanently glows green and my microphone stops working until I unplug the headset receiver, or unmute my Windows microphone. I had this issue since Windows 10 and I've not been able to fix it. I tried:

• To disable Noise suppression in GHUB software
  • Disable OpenH264 Video Codec by Cisco Systems Inc in Discord
  • Disable H.264 hardware acceleration in Discord
  • Disabled echo cancellation in Discord
  • Disabled noise reduction in Discord
  • Unplug the battery, plug in the USB cable into my headset & reset it to factory default.
  • Removed all software from the computer, including %APPDATA% directory.
  • Muting/unmuting headset in Discord
In fact I have this problem across multiple OS, even a freshly installed Windows. So far nothing seems the fix my issue. Each time my mic gets muted my headset sends out a strange noise to others over

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021
Hi,

I have the same issue with the same headset, Win11 and had the same issue with Win10.
The only way I found to "fix" it temporarily is to go to sound settings => mic => allow/don't allow.
I'm intersted if you find a permanent solution.

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
Speaking as a long time Logitech user.

I have never had a G headset without massive errors and I do not believe it is something we can change.

Issues doesnt relate to OS, seeing as i have had the errors on both w7, w10 and now still on w11