[SOLVED] Windows 7 (64 bit) error (0xc000007b)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doILILar

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I had Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, then I upgraded it to 64 bit (still Wind0ws 7 Ultimate, and I have 8 GB of RAM).

My problem is that I can't open any games that I want to play like F1 2013, Far Cry 3, Saints Row IV and NBA 2K13 and 14. The error is (0xc000007b)

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click Okay to close the application"

Solution
fix 0xc00007b error "the application was unable to start correctly"

there may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from [link]

Solution 2
Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully or by a virus.

Solution 3
Running the...

doILILar

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

hi bro... I already finish chkdsk scan... nothing is happen cant solve the problem...
cmd > chkdsk /f c: and chkdsk /r c: but still error again... :fou:

Curiousaboutpc

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
fix 0xc00007b error "the application was unable to start correctly"

there may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from [link]

Solution 2
Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully or by a virus.

Solution 3
Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program as an administrator box, and click on OK

Solution 4
Restart your computer as some applications require restart after installation to function properly.

Solution 5
Run Windows update as it can provide application fixes and updates. Furthermore it installs missing drivers and updates the outdated ones like graphic card drivers. Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users need to search for "windows update". select all important and optional updates and click on the "install updates" button. If you use Windows XP navigate navigate to Windows Update by choosing Start > All Programs > Windows Update. When the scan is complete,Click the Review and Install Updates link. Finally press the "install now" button.

Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1

Windows XP

Solution 6
manually update the application if possible.

Solution 7
re-install Microsoft Visual C++ from [x32 link] or [x64 link]

Solution 8
re-install DirectX [link]

Solution 9
Many times hard disk problems can be repaired using the chkdsk command. If you are using windows 7 press the start button in bottom left corner of your screen. If you are using windows 8 / 8.1 press the windows key .Search for "cmd" and Right click it and select "Run as administrator". Windows XP users Click on start > run. In the Run box, type in "cmd" in the box.
Windows 7:

Windows 8 / 8.1

Windows XP

A CMD window should appear. In that window you can just type it as you see "chkdsk c: /f /r". If you have more then one drive or partition, you will need to tell it the disk (chkdsk d: /f /r).
If it is the primary windows disk c: it will ask you to schedule it for next boot. When you restart, it will do a chkdsk for you before even getting to the login screen.

Solution 10
This solution only works for a 64-bit system. It requires replacing files is system32 directory so be careful. Only attempt this solution if you are confident and if other solutions have failed. When Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured it may cause 0xc00007b error. Firstly download the zip file [link] and decompress it. Reboot in safe mode and go to C:\Windows\System32. copy all files included in the zip package (mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll) to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones. After that reboot in normal mode.

If all the solutions above haven't worked i would consider backing up data and performing a clean install of windows.

Reactions: coke2315
Solution

doILILar

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

BRO I already solved the problem thanks to you man ... works like a charm...
I been reinstall Direct X and Net framework... and now i can play my current games.. TNX BRO

Jakub Szczap

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hello , i have same problem, i did everything u said here but this error still apears :C (expect solution 10 cus link don't work) can you please give me link to this dll pack ?

Jun 5, 2014
Hey...
i had the SAME PROBLEM... Me and my boyfriend downloaded and installed "Child Of Light" and we got this problem... So, I tried to download a new win 7 ultimate 64x, and I formated my pc, and ours problems were solved, because I updated all my windows applications using "Windows Update", the Microsoft Site (like C++, DX 9) and updated my Graphics Card. DONE... "Child of LIght" was running perfectly... BUT, my boyfriend tried everything i did, but formating and the error continued. So, i copied ALL my .dll's from "System32" and "SysWow64" and he tried to paste on his folder. Many files couldnt be replaced but, the ones that were, made it. Now both of us are playing and having 0 problems.

I hope this will help you.

Kisses... :)

bassoras

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014

Hi. I actually have the same problem 0xc000007b. i tried all the proposed solutions but i couldn't repair the problem. i reinstalled net framework, direct x, visual c++, chkdsk ( when i made it, the computer didn't find any errors on my disks), scannow, downloaded dll files by using the software dll fixer. Any other solutions, maybe?
perhaps i should reinstall my windows 7!
Thanks for your help!

bassoras

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
Hi. I actually have the same problem 0xc000007b. i tried all the proposed solutions but i couldn't repair the problem. i reinstalled net framework, direct x, visual c++, chkdsk ( when i made it, the computer didn't find any errors on my disks), scannow, downloaded dll files by using the software dll fixer. Any other solutions, maybe?
perhaps i should reinstall my windows 7!
Thanks for your help!

lcp1109

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010

1 - Try downloading this folowing link http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/4/A/84A35BF1-DAFE-4AE8-82AF-AD2AE20B6B14/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

2 - If you get message saying that you already have the last version or something similar, you will probably have to re-install or refresh your windows installation. I have windows 8.1 and I had to use refresh. Sadly I only tried to run that file after,

3 - If you are able to install that directx file or, if not, after re-installing or refreshing your windows installation + running that directx file, run the game (I had problems with "Bioshock") as administrator. This solved my problems.

4 - If you refresh or reinstall windows you will probably have to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2012 (I got them from old Amd graphic card driver, but you will probably find them on the web)

Shubham Yadav

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Plz guys help me ..... I am in a big trouble. I eralier used to play Resident Evil 5 on my laptop. But fortunaly i had to upgrade it to win 8 so i formated my lapi ... And this time when i run the game it says the application was unable to ----------- close the program. I did evrerything......:pt1cable: help me:ouch: I am dying

lcp1109

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
if you have a fresh windows installation, you probably had miss to install something: directx, Microsoft Visual C++ )the version needed for your game), .net framework, gpu driver...

If you are sure that you have all the above installed and if you did re install your game, the you can always re install windows :)

rizand

Reputable
May 14, 2015

I installed windows 8.1 and was facing the same problem take a whole day but found the solution which is simple. Download directX 11 link is given below.unzip and then install

http://getintopc.com/softwares/development/directx-11-free-download/

Sanoj Kumar

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015

drhasan

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
I have tried everything but couldn't back my game life ....... finally I have found a solution of my own ..... I installed Game for windows Live software and finally my game back to life ..... now I can run my games.
So who are facing this error 0xc000007b may try this solution

samekmal

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS