Question Windows 7-64 is not recognizing Rosewill RDCR-11004

Jan 10, 2024
There was no Driver CD that came with this unit, and there are no drivers on the Rosewill website for the USB Data Hub RDCR-11004. I plug in all the cables per the instructions, and when I insert any USB driver Windows does not recognize it. I have tried finding solutions to this problem with no positive outcomes. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm using Windows 7-64.

ASUS Prime B350-Plus AM4 AMD B350 Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7-1800X CPU
USB Data Hub Rosewill RDCR-11004

Thanks all!

Ken L

dave.rara66

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
Have you gone into device manager to see if it shows up there? If it does, right-click on it and select update driver. Choose "Search automatically", NOT "Browse my computer".

Also - sorry bud but you should be on Windows 10 at this point. Win 7 support is long dead. I believe a free upgrade is still available with some searching.

Jan 10, 2024
Have you gone into device manager to see if it shows up there? If it does, right-click on it and select update driver. Choose "Search automatically", NOT "Browse my computer".

Also - sorry bud but you should be on Windows 10 at this point. Win 7 support is long dead. I believe a free upgrade is still available with some searching.
It is not showing up in Device Manager. And the person I am rebuilding this machine for wants to stay with Windows 7-64. I also am uncertain how well Windows 10 would perform on this much older platform.

Ken L

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
I also am uncertain how well Windows 10 would perform on this much older platform.
Win 10 runs well even on fairly old systems, the only thing that would affect the performance would be a slow Hard Drive or Low RAM (anything above 4 gigs of ram would not give issues). The processor wont have much of an effect on the overall machine performance unless CPU intensive tasks are run.

That device does not need drivers. but it does need molex power connected to function. Are your USB 2.0 and 3.0 turned in in BIOS. Are the rear motherboard USB's working with or with out the Rosewill New hub?

Jan 10, 2024
Win 10 runs well even on fairly old systems, the only thing that would affect the performance would be a slow Hard Drive or Low RAM (anything above 4 gigs of ram would not give issues). The processor wont have much of an effect on the overall machine performance unless CPU intensive tasks are run.
Just concerned as this machine is, IIRC, 7+ years old (it was very current when I built it, but I didn't want to go with Win 10, and only have upgraded my own machine to handle Windows 10 as I have some new hardware that requires software that only runs on Win 10 or newer OS.

Though it does have 64 GB of memory, it wasn't the fastest memory. I have replaced the HDD with SSD's but as I said, this MB is ancient (for a PC) and this is for a friend, so I want to make it as error free as possible before sending it to her. She is used to working with Win 7, but there are tricks to make Win 10 feel like Win 7, but Win 10 makes it harder to disable certain "security" procedures that are a P.I.T.A. to deal with as her family PC is Win 10, and she hates it. She much prefers Win 7, but it looks like I am being forced to update to Win 10, though I would do so kicking and screaming. LOL.

Ken L

Jan 10, 2024
That device does not need drivers. but it does need molex power connected to function. Are your USB 2.0 and 3.0 turned in in BIOS. Are the rear motherboard USB's working with or with out the Rosewill New hub?
When I have a bit more patience, hopefully tomorrow, I will look into the BIOS and see if I can tweak some settings to get the MB to see it. I never got the newer MB on my own PC to see it, and I gave up, deciding to get a different one for me, in hopes this unit (which was older so I figure maybe that was the issue so connecting it to the older MB might solve the problem, my error :-\ ) I'm sure I will have further replies as I dig into this.

Ken L

Windows 7's USB 3.0 support was voluntarily wonky (Microsoft wanted to force people to update to Win8/10). You might want to try and find updated USB drivers, several didn't even leave beta status.
B350 is technically old, but it's still AM4 - a BIOS/UEFI update would allow you to install a somewhat recent processor, and actually run Windows 11 if you ever wanted to. I did, with a Ryzen 5500 on a MSI B350m Bazooka and the latest beta BIOS.

Jan 10, 2024
Windows 7's USB 3.0 support was voluntarily wonky (Microsoft wanted to force people to update to Win8/10). You might want to try and find updated USB drivers, several didn't even leave beta status.
B350 is technically old, but it's still AM4 - a BIOS/UEFI update would allow you to install a somewhat recent processor, and actually run Windows 11 if you ever wanted to. I did, with a Ryzen 5500 on a MSI B350m Bazooka and the latest beta BIOS.
SIGH. Though I hate the thought of doing it, I will upgrade this machine to Win 10. As I said I really hate even the though of doing this, but in the long run, it might solve many of the headaches ii'm having with this machine. The "core" of the machine is the same, but I changed some of the peripherals and there are too many hiccup's happening.

Ken L,

Might I suggest just trying windows 10 with a spare drive. Un hook your windows 7 hard drive and throw in a spare drive and than test Windows 10. Yes I'm all for bumping pc to Windows 10 or 11 BUT the moment you delete that working copy of 7 with all it's drivers and updates IF you decide to go back to 7 and reinstall it, it will be a bare bone OS no updates no patches and drivers hard to find.

All the little things that made the OS click will be MIA.

If it's a current install of Windows 7 it's already bare bone. Delete away. BUT IF NOT it still has the magic smoke in there. Small price to pay to have a spare Hard drive to test with.

Jan 10, 2024
Might I suggest just trying windows 10 with a spare drive. Un hook your windows 7 hard drive and throw in a spare drive and than test Windows 10. Yes I'm all for bumping pc to Windows 10 or 11 BUT the moment you delete that working copy of 7 with all it's drivers and updates IF you decide to go back to 7 and reinstall it, it will be a bare bone OS no updates no patches and drivers hard to find.

All the little things that made the OS click will be MIA.

If it's a current install of Windows 7 it's already bare bone. Delete away. BUT IF NOT it still has the magic smoke in there. Small price to pay to have a spare Hard drive to test with.
So far the Windows 10 install goes slowly. The BIOS and Windows 10 is detecting the Hub, and when I insert a thumb drive into the USB 3.0 port it detects it, but it doesn't detect it with any of the USB 2.0 ports. Quite odd.

Ken L

Jan 10, 2024
If a few motherboards can't see the Rosewill don't put it past being a defective unit.
BIOS and Windows 10 detect "Hub". USB 3.0 ports work, but not USB 2.0 ports. Very strange. I have plugged the USB 2.0 port cable into both USB 2.0 "slot" on the MB. I have made sure the Chipset on the MB has been updated. Still no go. Any thoughts?

Ken L

Jan 10, 2024
And here is another problem I can't figure out what is going on that is USB related. There is only one USB 3.0 "slot/port" on the MB, but I want to be able to use either the USB 3.0 ports on the Case or on the USB Hub. So I installed a second USB 3.0 slot/port via a PCIex1 card. The card is detected by Windows 10 and it says it is working properly, but when I plug in the cable into that slot/port and any device inserted into the port is not detected. The ports work because when I plug in the cable for the port into the MB slot/port it works. So what could be the issue here?

Thanks.

Ken L