[SOLVED] Windows 7 to 10 UEFI problem

Borislav95

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Hey guys I just reinstall from windows 7 to windows 10 through USB device but I have a problem. By default my BIOS settings were Boot Menu Type - Normal and UEFI Boot - Disabled and I ran windows 7 without problem, now I changed them so I could run windows 10 installation through usb and after installation in which I converted the hdd from mbr to gpt, I set bios settings at default but the pc gives PXE-E61 Media Test Failure Error but when I enable UEFI it run normally. Is that a problem or is it normal? Also every time on boot it tells me that it will do disk check unless I press a button.

Solution
Can I install win10 with default settings?
Well, firstly, why would you want that? UEFI is a new standard and there's no reason not to install Windows 10 the old way.
Secondly, you probably won't be able to, because your USB installation is done only to support UEFI (as you said, you had to change UEFI to ON in order to even install Windows 10) and you can't install and run Windows while UEFI disabled.

You can make another USB installer with a program like Rufus, having downloaded a windows installation in .iso format. But I respectlfully don't see a reason to even bother.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/use-rufus-create-bootable-flash-drive/
Can I install win10 with default settings?
Well, firstly, why would you want that? UEFI is a new standard and there's no reason not to install Windows 10 the old way.
Secondly, you probably won't be able to, because your USB installation is done only to support UEFI (as you said, you had to change UEFI to ON in order to even install Windows 10) and you can't install and run Windows while UEFI disabled.

You can make another USB installer with a program like Rufus, having downloaded a windows installation in .iso format. But I respectlfully don't see a reason to even bother.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/use-rufus-create-bootable-flash-drive/

Solution