Question Windows 7 To Windows 10, then Windows 11 - - All At Once? Step by Step? ?

Oct 19, 2022
So hi ... few lines of question please if you can revert back please per each line:

1. I do not think you can go straight from 7 to 11 (unless you are going to buy a slurply ;) ) ... am i correct or wrong?
2. If cannot go from 7 to 11 then I need install 10 first ... question is after 10 and I then right away upgrade to 11?
3. To many fake not sure and maybe not valid builds of windows and office for sale on net ... thus where to go Microsoft direct ? is this best?
4. If Microsoft is the best many options ... I just want like pro for all stuff seems due-able ... that said what should be the cost I am looking at? Any links be great help please
5. Now office ... I want install office (cant stand 365) miss 2007! and 2011! ... anyway company's are pushing us onto 10 and 11 even Comcast stop emails from working now, not so much by i think protocol but their certs are making things interesting ... anyway office 2021 I do not think can sit on windows 7 so I need go to 10 and then 11 ... where best place to get office please and links be of great help and what should i think about paying for just due-able pro version or something of such.

I thank you so much for read and any responses and if you can just respond by line item #1, #2 etc. that be so great.

Thank you in advance!

Mar 30, 2023
Well. Here's a note for anyone using an old Seagate NAS, mine's a SEAGATE-43D0E6 and the ONLY way I've been able to get Windows 10 or 11 to actually see it, access it or do anything the way they first came out, is to start with Windows 07 first and then upgrade to the newer operating systems.

None of the other online suggestions have ever worked when just installing the later OS's on a fresh drive. Only by running the Seagate Central for the older drives on Windows 07 first, having the program automap the NAS and running the OS install right after the NAS was recognized have I always managed to get the old stuff working.

It kinda sorta works with some old programs, printers, cameras and phones too.

USAFRet

Titan
My license I’m still using today was I found one of the 40 dollars windows 8 upgrade packs about 2-3 years ago for around the 40 dollar mark at the time. Still sealed. So I’d installed 10 with that, then upgraded to 11 later after release.
Right.
Thats the way it works.

And I'm reasonably sure a Win 7/8/8.1 license will activate a fresh Win 11 install.
I know it will activate a Win 10 install.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech