Windows 7 Usage Passes All Versions of Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

rippleyhakd

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
Took a month, to pass ALL MAC OS X.. Impressive considering that this is still a new OS, that WIN7 has not even began a corporation rollout, (still have IT people learning it), AND on top of that, NEW machines with the OS are just not becoming more and more prevalent. And this is >1 year penetration from apple. Fanboys just make my day..

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
No surprise really, People don't want Vista and 7 is the first decent choice of Windows since XP. And that was 8 years ago. How long did it take Vista to reach that achievement? Anyone?

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]No surprise really, People don't want Vista and 7 is the first decent choice of Windows since XP. And that was 8 years ago. How long did it take Vista to reach that achievement? Anyone?[/citation]
So, what does it make "a decent choice" again? Is it again "much faster"?

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
People didn't want Vista because it got a unfair bad name early. I've had Vista for three years and it has done an outstanding job for me. It crashes far less than XP did, it was easier to use than Xp and it has more options than XP. Windows 7 is just a deluxe version of Vista, most of the Vista drivers work in Windows 7 because it is Vista deluxe. The media couldn't bad mouth Windows 7 enough this time to keep it down because everyone has worn tired of Xp. So when you fire up your new Windows 7 just think you could of had this two years ago if you didn't listen to all the negative crap and just tried it.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]So, what does it make "a decent choice" again? Is it again "much faster"?[/citation]
not faster but... to be honest, as I jump from XP to 7 I can finally say that I have something new to look at.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Vista 64 is rock solid for me, just a powerhouse. I have no bugs or complaints at all with it (once I disabled UAC anyhow). I like Vista better than Win 7 at the moment...the start menu and lack of the classic interface is a biggie for me, I just like the simplicity better. Why did Win 7 remove that? I don't get it, couldn't have been that big of a deal to offer a choice in that regard.

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]So, what does it make "a decent choice" again? Is it again "much faster"?[/citation]

Why does people compare a very slim n basic OS to a full blown functional (more features) , flashy yet still in the slim margin, better and beautifully done OS in speed??? Win 7 is better and only lose in term of boot up times ( a few seconds wont make u feel any different) ... get over it...

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I have been nothing but impressed with Windows 7. It still has yet to crash from a problem unrelated to over clocking. It even survived moving the boot partition from my spare drive to my main drive (installed where my old vista partition was). The only sad thing I can think of is my Dad just went out and bought a 13" MAC...I feel like I have failed as a son...oh well, his loss.

powerbaselx

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
"Windows 7 usage surpassed all versions of Mac OS X combined."
I don't get it... really.
What kind of benchmark is this and what exactly does it measure?

Frankly the only surprise i got was to know that MacOS was leading in someway ahead of ALL Windows, especially Windows XP!!

Now, honestly, this measure and this news is really ridiculous, no matter what OS we're talking about.

3ul

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]powerbaselx[/nom]"Windows 7 usage surpassed all versions of Mac OS X combined."I don't get it... really.What kind of benchmark is this and what exactly does it measure?Frankly the only surprise i got was to know that MacOS was leading in someway ahead of ALL Windows, especially Windows XP!!Now, honestly, this measure and this news is really ridiculous, no matter what OS we're talking about.[/citation]

You are talking bullshit...

sylvia648

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
One install, but more to come once I buy some spare buys after the new year. Might get that cheapo laptop from Best buy on black Friday though, and that has windows 7 on it.

youngpeter

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I installed Win 7 Pro (x64) on a new ASUS mobo this week, so far flawless. I installed it today on an HP Laptop, excellent. It's cool to watch it find drivers, set up printers, etc. The laptop has never worked better. The ASUS desktop is a joy to use. Win 7 is going to go down in history, that's for certain.

G

What a ridiculous article. Of course it outnumbers Mac OS X users. With the number of different manufacturers shipping Windows 7 with no other choice. The number of users does equate to quality of either operating system. Microsoft is lucky Apple doesn't release OS X for use on any computer. If users had a choice, the numbers would be totally different.

ubergeek

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]I have now contributed to 4 of those windows 7 installations, what about you guys?[/citation]
I have added a 64-bit 7 Ultimate that doubles as a hackintosh. So is that +1 for Win7 and -1 for osx? Would this box be considered a Wackintosh7?

oicw

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009

Got news for you: my Pentium 75 overclocked to 120 mhz can boot up Windows3.1 in 4 seconds flat! How fast is your XP?

C'mon, give it a break. Windows 7 is pretty darn fast considering how much more advanced it is than XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.