Question Windows 8.1 Won't Boot After Fresh Install

fahadfarooq2003

Commendable
Apr 16, 2018
Hello Brother!
Recently my Windows 8.1 wasn't working and giving bluescreen errors and automatic startup repairs. First I solved it by pulling the rams out and inserting again. It worked but after sometime it again showed same issues and didn't worked even trying the ram fix. So I did a clean windows 8.1 installation via bootable USB. I deleted all partitions and created two new ones, one for windows and one for my stuff. The windows was downloaded from official Microsoft website. First it took ages to install, literally it took 1.5 day to install and some more hours in setting up the windows. When I finally got into the windows it was freezing and working too slow, the reason of it was 100% diskusage I don't know what was causing it. I then look up for a fix on internet and it suggested to turn some services off, but the windows was too damn slow that nothing was working. I closed a service name WindowFetch using taskmanager and restarted the PC, but now it won't boot up. I don't know what's my issue please help I don't wanna install windows again cause its taking too long I also have other Harddrive one using same windows and the other using Ubuntu they are working flawlessly. My system specs are
Optiplex 755 SFF
QuadCore Q6660 2.4 Ghz
6GB DDR2 Ram
1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570 DDR3
Western Digital 250 GB Harddrive 7200RPM
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Created bootable USB using RUFUS

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020
Hi,
I might sound silly but I have few question to ask.
Do you get a blank screen or is it stuck on some spefic area like- windows logo or logo screen etc?
Which hard drive are you using for windows OS? is it a 80GB or 250 GB?

If it is stucking on the windows logo or something, you should attempt to restart your pc in safe mode. If it doesn't show you anything, than this problem may be related to the hard drive.

fahadfarooq2003

Commendable
Apr 16, 2018
First the screen becomes blank after somtimes the windows logo appears with the white dots spinning at the bottom then the screen again becomes blank. I don't use the 80 GB and 250GB at the same times. Both has Windows 8.1 OS 64-bit installed in it. And I will update on the safe mode thingy if it works.

fahadfarooq2003

Commendable
Apr 16, 2018
I tried to reinstall the windows it was still taking hours so i just canceled it in between. Maybe there are bad sectors, there are no physical damage to HDD as I have checked it visually. What could be the problem? Also when I start my PC the HDD gives a noise like a fan.

Last edited: