Question Windows acts as if Monitor was unplugged when powered down.

Dec 25, 2021
So I just got a third monitor to match my main display for Christmas it works great while its turned on, but for some reason when I hit the power button on the new monitor windows is acting like I unplugged it from my GPU (EVGA 1080ti), (windows freaks out for a minute, it is no longer shown in display settings, and makes a random monitor my main display.) I checked all the settings the monitor has and I don't see any different settings from my main display. so I don't believe it is a settings issue in the monitor itself rather an Nvidia setting or windows setting that I cant seem to find any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've already tried switching cables and ports on my g card that didn't do anything. I switched out the monitor for a different monitor and the problem stopped which makes me worry that the monitor itself is faulty.

Dec 25, 2021
So I just got a third monitor to match my main display for Christmas it works great while its turned on, but for some reason when I hit the power button on the new monitor windows is acting like I unplugged it from my GPU (EVGA 1080ti), (windows freaks out for a minute, it is no longer shown in display settings, and makes a random monitor my main display.) I checked all the settings the monitor has and I don't see any different settings from my main display. so I don't believe it is a settings issue in the monitor itself rather an Nvidia setting or windows setting that I cant seem to find any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've already tried switching cables and ports on my g card that didn't do anything. I switched out the monitor for a different monitor and the problem stopped which makes me worry that the monitor itself is faulty.