[SOLVED] Windows boot on ssd after installing new NV me

Jun 4, 2020
Hello guys,
I want to purchase an NV me and install it on the MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX mainboard but I have noticed on the manual that after I put the NV me inside two sata ports will not function anymore. That's not a big problem since there are 2 more available to use.

The problem is that I have windows installed on one of those sata ports ssd and when I will install the NV me those exact 2 ports will not work anymore so I will have to move the windows ssd on a new sata port.

I don't want to reinstall for now windows on the new NV me because it is a real pain to configure all the apps on it.

Question is, will windows boot if I just change the Sata port of the ssd after I install the NV me?
I think it might not and give incorrect boot location since sata port is changing.

Thanks

Jun 4, 2020
Ah really? OK that's not a problem. I thought when it will pass to boot it would give incorrect boot address since boot location changed from C to whatever letter it might get after setting it into the new sata port. I remember in windows msconfig the boot location thing. And it was a number of I recall