Question Windows Desktop turns grey ?

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019
For the past month whenever I change the resolution, or choose duplicate display with my TV monitor I lose my desktop and I have to restart my pc.
This morning it was already like that when I turned on my pc , that was the first it happened .
It looks like this.

Taskbar functions properly and when I press restart before showing the restart icon with the loop the gray area goes away and my desktop returns for a brief second.
My graphics card is MSI Gaming Z RTX 2060, I don't believe it's a monitor issue or cable, because I changed my monitors 5 days ago and cable from HDMI to DP and the problem still persists.
Also, my system and drivers are up to date.
Thanks in advance to anyone that helps!!

Note1: the gray area that looks like a windows is not always the same, some times its completely gray others it looks completely broken.
Note2: I have a slight suspicion that it might have something to do with nvidia's control panel, because with my previous monitor I tried restoring it to defaults and the problem went away for about a week but then it returned.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please list your full system's specs and the age of your PSU(apart from it's make and model). We're also going to need to know what version of Windows 10 you're currently on.

You might want to use DDY and remove your GPU drivers, then download the latest drivers off of Nvidia's support site and install the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.