[SOLVED] Windows detecting monitor as incorrect model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2021
I used to use a Lenovo all-in-one LEN-27ICB-A PC, with a HP 27xq monitor as a second screen connected via HDMI. I've just built a new PC and wanted to use the HP monitor as the (only) display for it, again using HDMI. The problem is that the HP monitor shows up as the AIO lenovo model on Windows and the refresh rate is capped at 60Hz. I've tried reinstalling/updating drivers for the monitor and my graphics card and I've tried swapping out a few different HDMI cables, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Mar 15, 2021
what the model of the hp?
what exact is windows said? did you install the gpu driver?

Yes I have the correct gpu drivers installed for my card and I've tried reinstalling/updating them with no luck.

It's a HP 27xq. If I go into Windows Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings, the Display Information lists the monitor as being LEN-27ICB-A, which is my old AIO PC which this HP monitor used to be connected to. I can't increase the refresh rate above 60Hz (I guess since the Lenovo AIO monitor was 60Hz), even if I go into "Display adapter properties" and go to the "Monitor" tab.

It really seems like the monitor has some on-board memory and has 'learned' that it is the Lenovo AIO monitor and all of its settings are showing accordingly when connected to the new PC. I tried resetting it to factory settings through the monitor's own interface, but that didn't change anything. Is there any sort of way to clear whatever memory/cache the monitor has through Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts