Question Windows driver updates vs manufacturer driver

Aug 8, 2024
So windows downloading a newer driver that's on the manufacturer site (Asus) such as: Intel management interface. I check it on armoury crate too. I saw that newer drivers are not always the best for my hardware. So should I disable windows drivers update? And windows not download my chipset driver or seriall IO. I download them from Asus.

Aug 8, 2024
So windows downloading a newer driver that's on the manufacturer site (Asus) such as: Intel management interface. I check it on armoury crate too. I saw that newer drivers are not always the best for my hardware. So should I disable windows drivers update? And windows not download my chipset driver or seriall IO. I download them from Asus.

Lutfij

Titan
Always cross reference the drivers listed on your manufacturer's support site, don't use any third party app's to tell you so. Driver Easy is guilty of bricking functioning platforms.

To add, you shouldn't let Windows download and install driver it thinks is best for you sine that can also cause BSoD's.

Reactions: Milan0308
Aug 8, 2024
Always cross reference the drivers listed on your manufacturer's support site, don't use any third party app's to tell you so. Driver Easy is guilty of bricking functioning platforms.

To add, you shouldn't let Windows download and install driver it thinks is best for you sine that can also cause BSoD's.
Thank you! If I set it to NO in system->hardware->device installation settings that will be right?