Question windows error 0xc00000e when installed on new pcie ssd

RB68353

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
Hello,
I recently have installed a new pcie ssd into my laptops pcie 3.0 port.

Everytime at boot i get a crash error from windows 10 with error code 0xc00000e.
My temporary fix is to go into BIOS menu and reset it to default settings, then save changes and exit. After that it works like a charm, till i turn the computer off again.

I already have a regular ssd with windows installed, but i dont dare to uninstall it if my pcie flips.
any ideas to what the problem could be?
I have two different regions of windows installed if thats the issue.(different locale)

SPECS:
Laptop ASUS K501UW
SSD: Samsung SSD EVO 860 1TB
SSD: Kingston SA2000M8250G 232GB NVME

Jan 4, 2022
Hello,
I recently have installed a new pcie ssd into my laptops pcie 3.0 port.

Everytime at boot i get a crash error from windows 10 with error code 0xc00000e.
My temporary fix is to go into BIOS menu and reset it to default settings, then save changes and exit. After that it works like a charm, till i turn the computer off again.

I already have a regular ssd with windows installed, but i dont dare to uninstall it if my pcie flips.
any ideas to what the problem could be?
I have two different regions of windows installed if thats the issue.(different locale)

SPECS:
Laptop ASUS K501UW
SSD: Samsung SSD EVO 860 1TB
SSD: Kingston SA2000M8250G 232GB NVME

So it sounds like you can boot into Windows on the NVM if you default the BIOS settings before hand each time? Is this a new problem or did the problem exist when you first installed it? Also you can try to remove the old SSD then boot to see if that's causing any issues.

I would first make sure your boot order is correct, meaning your new NVM drive is priority.

Then I would make sure you have the updated drivers for the NVM and while you're at it the BIOS, chipset, etc.

You can then try to rebuild the boot configuration file with these commands in command prompt:

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrect /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Lastly the hail mary may be to pull your laptop battery and CMOS if possible, then reinsert.

RB68353

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
So it sounds like you can boot into Windows on the NVM if you default the BIOS settings before hand each time? Is this a new problem or did the problem exist when you first installed it? Also you can try to remove the old SSD then boot to see if that's causing any issues.

I would first make sure your boot order is correct, meaning your new NVM drive is priority.

Then I would make sure you have the updated drivers for the NVM and while you're at it the BIOS, chipset, etc.

You can then try to rebuild the boot configuration file with these commands in command prompt:

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrect /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Lastly the hail mary may be to pull your laptop battery and CMOS if possible, then reinsert.

I tried taking out my other ssd drive, and after converting the nvm to gpt and by following the steps from this video
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ilMAAk1Q8&feature=emb_logo

The error stopped showing. However when turning the computer om and off a few times i get a different error? 0XC00000f instead.
This is driving me nuts

RB68353

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
I'm not sure why you converted the drive? Did you try any of the other fixes before doing that other than removing the old drive?

well, since the mentioned fixes are the no 1 thing that comes up with a google search, yes i have tried them multiple times.
i converted my disk because windows would not allow me to install on a mbr formatted drive.
The fixboot gave me no sign of any windows installations on any of my drives, but can now find it installed on the nvm after my previous steps.