Shiraz2005

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
So my motherboard is gigabyte H110M-S2H
I had an i3 6320 but I bought an i5 6600k and installed it, when installing it two of my cpu fan pins came off and I put it in anyways after I launched it after putting in the cpu it would get past the windows screen then crash and say there’s an error and restart
I went into bios and base temperature was 90 could this be the reason or is it something else?

edit: after trying my old cpu I do not get a crash error so could my i5 just be faulty or is there something I need to do to fix it

Last edited:
Solution
I used "E97378.. and ended up at the same link.

No problem(s) with the fans wiring : the green, black, yellow, and blue wires and the connector plugged into the motherboard. Correct?

In your photograph the upper left push pin is missing - that is the pin that came off- correct?

Remove the fan and add a couple more photographs: 1) CPU and 2) the underside of the cooler.

Where is the missing push pin? Is anything physically broken, cracked, or incomplete?

Does the following User Manual match your motherboard?

https://www.directutor.com/content/user-manual-gigabyte-mb-manual-ga-h110m-s2hgsmddr3-e

What card is that shown right below the fan? Seems way too close - something is wrong.

My orientation is off: if I understand...

Shiraz2005

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Per your post: "two of my cpu fan pins came off".

Which pins came off?

Do the fans spin/work at all?

If they are not spin or are spinning at reduced speeds then the cpu will overheat and thermally shut down.
The bottom 2 pins of my intel cooler came off and the fans do still spin when my pc is turned on

ill try send a few pictures in a minute

Last edited:

Shiraz2005

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Which pins came off?

If the fans are not spinning at all or are spinning at reduced speeds then the cpu will overheat and very quickly thermally shut down.

Are you able to post a couple of photographs?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html
The bottom 2 pins of my intel cooler came off and the fans do still spin when my pc is turned on

Which pins came off?

If the fans are not spinning at all or are spinning at reduced speeds then the cpu will overheat and very quickly thermally shut down.

Are you able to post a couple of photographs?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

I checked it again and only one is connected now because the other two don't fit properly because of the white bits and one of the pins just came of completely

Shiraz2005

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Ralston18

Titan

No problem(s) with the fans wiring : the green, black, yellow, and blue wires and the connector plugged into the motherboard. Correct?

In your photograph the upper left push pin is missing - that is the pin that came off- correct?

Remove the fan and add a couple more photographs: 1) CPU and 2) the underside of the cooler.

Where is the missing push pin? Is anything physically broken, cracked, or incomplete?

https://www.directutor.com/content/user-manual-gigabyte-mb-manual-ga-h110m-s2hgsmddr3-e

What card is that shown right below the fan? Seems way too close - something is wrong.

My orientation is off: if I understand the motherboard's User Manual the cooler seems to be butting up against a card in a memory slot.

Appears to be a memory card but quite vertically high with respect to the host slot on the motherboard.

Add a photo graph of that as well.

Solution

Shiraz2005

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
image1.jpg
image0.jpg

My orientation is off: if I understand the motherboard's User Manual the cooler seems to be butting up against a card in a memory slot.

Appears to be a memory card but quite vertically high with respect to the host slot on the motherboard.

Add a photo graph of that as well.
Ok there is a new discovery, I tried to launch the pc with my old cpu the i3 6320 and it works and fully boots and operates fully so im not sure what I can do is the cpu faulty?
also the graphics card under is the gtx 1050ti there is no other slot I can put it in
the stand for the cooler completely came off so there is no way I can get it back but it doenst seem to the problem

Ralston18

Titan
Thermal paste is a concern: too much and unevenly applied.

Have you been cleaning off the old thermal paste and reapplying new thermal paste? What brand thermal paste.

What about the cooler's missing push pin?

The card I was wondering about does indeed appear to be a RAM module.

This: "also the graphics card under is the gtx 1050ti there is no other slot I can put it in".

Not able to visualize the layout. Need some additional photographs. Make sure that the photographs are clear and sharp.

Blurriness, dark spots, etc.. make it difficult to see details. For example, I cannot see the motherboard holes for the push pins.

Add external light but from above to avoid shadows. Steady the camera as much as possible.