Windows Explorer Graphic Glitch

I am having an issue with Windows Explorer that happens after I have two or
more explorer windows open. The window hangs and becomes transparent. The
close and minimize buttons are still active, but I am unable to browse. I
have checked task manager and with no applications running it is using 366MB
of RAM which may point to a memory leak. I have upgraded the video drivers
and the issue is still there. It is not consistent and can not always be
duplicated. It seems to go a couple of days with no issues then it comes
back. I am running a dual processor 2.5 GB RAM and SP2. Any thoughts?

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Craig Chenery" <Craig Chenery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue with Windows Explorer that happens after I have two or
> more explorer windows open. The window hangs and becomes transparent. The
> close and minimize buttons are still active, but I am unable to browse. I
> have checked task manager and with no applications running it is using 366MB
> of RAM which may point to a memory leak. I have upgraded the video drivers
> and the issue is still there. It is not consistent and can not always be
> duplicated. It seems to go a couple of days with no issues then it comes
> back. I am running a dual processor 2.5 GB RAM and SP2. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Does the second part apply to Windows Explorer? THis isn't an IE issue. Just
wanted to check before trying it.

Thanks

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
>
> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
> button.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Craig Chenery" <Craig Chenery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having an issue with Windows Explorer that happens after I have two or
> > more explorer windows open. The window hangs and becomes transparent. The
> > close and minimize buttons are still active, but I am unable to browse. I
> > have checked task manager and with no applications running it is using 366MB
> > of RAM which may point to a memory leak. I have upgraded the video drivers
> > and the issue is still there. It is not consistent and can not always be
> > duplicated. It seems to go a couple of days with no issues then it comes
> > back. I am running a dual processor 2.5 GB RAM and SP2. Any thoughts?

no, skip that