Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Usually when I import photos from my iPhone to my pc, there are no issues. However, recently, when I try to upload photos, Windows scans all of them and, once it’s done scanning them, it freezes. I feel this has something to do with the fact that I have over 8500 photos on my phone, but in the past, this many photos never caused the Windows photos app to freeze. Often times I find myself going to task manager to force shut down the photos app because it becomes completely unresponsive. If anyone can offer a simple fix for this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
The phones I've seen have a way to select subsets of all the pictures on the phone. Maybe you could try that. 8500 photos is a mighty big chunk of stuff to handle at one time.

Of course. I would never try to import that many at once. However, the problem is that Windows photos becomes unresponsive after detecting all 8500+ photos and will not show an option to import photos as a result.

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Don't you have multiple folders on that iphone? If so, point the import to the most recent folder.

The only option available is for me to "import from a USB device" or "import from a folder (on my PC, not my iPhone)". I'm trying to get photos off of my iPhone and onto my PC, which can only be done with the "import from a USB device" setting. After it has finished looking for all of my photos and videos and finds the 8500+ items, it freezes and is completely unresponsive.

EDIT: Maybe you are referring to clicking on the internal storage folder of my iPhone and finding all of the folders with my photos on it in the DCIM folder? This is an option, but I would use it as a last resort.

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Is it the app that freezes or the PC? You could try alternate Image programs, they might not freeze up
I Don't have any suggestions though... I used to use acdsee but I am sure there are newer options now.

It is the app that freezes— definitely not my PC. It can handle that sort of stuff. I’ll see if another program works.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think i helped someone with a problem where it freezes exporting to external hdd as well, so its not the best app. Its free, what do you expect? And its from Microsoft, its probably half done like their multiple desktop feature. Nice idea, not finished.

Oct 13, 2019
I have EXACTLY the same problem as you since my photo number became over 10.000. Have you found any solution???? I have tried resetting the app, repairing it, uninstalling it but nothing has worked for me... It is so annoying!

Oct 13, 2019
I had also exactly the same problem and I found a SOLUTION that worked for me.

Close Photos application and then;

Windows Settings -> Applications -> scroll down to Microsoft Photos -> click it and click Advanced Settings
Under the Reset there are two options "Repair" and "Reset". Click "Repair" and it is done. Try importing your photos again.

Nov 10, 2019
I had also exactly the same problem and I found a SOLUTION that worked for me.

Close Photos application and then;

Windows Settings -> Applications -> scroll down to Microsoft Photos -> click it and click Advanced Settings
Under the Reset there are two options "Repair" and "Reset". Click "Repair" and it is done. Try importing your photos again.
Has anybody else had luck doing this. I am having the exact same issue. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS