gotrice

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Hey, I just built my new rig with asus rampage ii extreme mobo and i7 920 cpu. i did a fresh install of windows vista 64bit, and it is running really really slow. Even my old e6600 ran it way faster than the performance i am getting right now. i have everything in the bios to default settings. Do I need to change something in the motherboard settings for hard disk to make it perform better? or does anyone know what might be the problem??

all drivers updated, including Video?

Also superfetch and indexing run at first for a day or so and this means slower performance at first.

Sounds more liike drivers if it is running THAT slow.

Does the performance rating show anything scoring really low?

gotrice

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I have updated the BIOS to the lastest version, and also downloaded all the lastest version of the drivers for everything. It is still running really slow, I have indexing disabled. But now i am trying nopage file as well. I'll see what happens.

gotrice

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
By slow I mean, when I put my password to get into desktop, that thing takes like 3 minutes at least to load up. On top of that if I try to like for instant double click My Computer it would take 5 seconds first the window to pop up and then another 10 seconds to load the stuff inside it.