Question Windows shows an internet connection, but connection disappears after about 2 mins ?

Nov 15, 2020
I'm having a really weird issue with my computer at the moment. All of a sudden I'm having an issue where after boot up my computer has an internet connection and I'm able to open/use web browsers,open apps, or launch a game. However, after about 2 mins of use, my computer acts like it doesn't have internet. I say "acts" because I know it does. Examples:

1) I'll boot up the computer and go on Chrome to do whatever (YouTube, Twitter, etc.) after a short time nothing new loads and if I attempt to refresh the page, I get hit with a generic "no connection" error. Yet all the while task manager still shows an internet connection ?

2) How I know for a fact I still have internet is that when I boot up my computer and in the 2 min threshold where I can actually use the internet, load up a game that requires an internet connection (ex. Valorant) I can play it with no issues. While in a game I loaded up chrome and tried to go to YouTube, no connection there, even though I'm in an online lobby. I can only load up a game however in that 2 min window, otherwise the computer thinks I have no connection ?

Things To Note:
  • This issue only appears on my PC, my laptop and other devices work perfectly
  • I have tried this on both a wired connection and WIFI, same result on both.
  • Both wireless and LAN drivers are up to date
  • This wasn't happening last night before a Windows update, I have since reverted back to a previous state, problem still persists
  • I have entered these commands in cmd, netsh winsock reset, netsh int ip reset, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /flushdns. Problem still persists
  • I have no third-party antivirus to possibly interfere with my connection
  • I have tried the "Network reset" button in settings, problem still persists
  • Weirdly, the only thing on my computer that will load and connect after the 2 min threshold, is Discord, it's the only thing that requires a connection that is having no issue connecting.
  • Certain websites on Chrome will load up, but nothing on the website will. Twitter takes me to the home page where I can see layout of twitter but no posts. YouTube loads the home page but doesn't show any videos. Most other websites hit me with Google Chrome saying I have no internet.
Hopefully someone can help me out, if you need more information I'll provide to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
I did a scan for malware with Malwarebytes and found 0 threats but 48 "PUPs", I deleted the PUPs and nothing has changed. When you say "what did the ipconfig say" which command are you referring too? All of them? If either ipconifg /release or /renew, what info do you need from that? ipconfig/ flushdns, performs successfully.

Nov 15, 2020
Ethernet is the only thing connected and shows this,

While my internet is working I have a single "IPv6 Address" and a single "Temporary IPv6 Address" both are labeled (Preferred)

When it's not working I have 3 different "IPv6 Addresses" and 3 different "Temporary IPv6 Addresses" all of these addresses are labeled (Preferred)

Everything else is identical

I'm assuming that's the issue?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
I legitimately have no idea why, but my computer seems to be working now. I entered into safe mode with networking to run some program that ended up not even running, while in safe mode I decided to check and see if Chrome was still giving me issues, surprisingly no issues occurred, I was able to connect perfectly. I restarted normally and now everything seems to be working fine. I'm genuinely confused with this entire situation but I'm just glad things are working again.

TRENDING THREADS