[SOLVED] Windows taskbar not working

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
I have tried many youtube fixes to try solve the problem but none seemed to do the trick.My issue is that the windows search bar comes up however does not search anything and closes once i type a letter or word.I do not have windows 11 nor do i want it,my specs are good (RX580,Ryzen 5 2600x) ect,and i have updated windows on settings.Help would be appreciated thanks :)

Solution
I have tried many youtube fixes to try solve the problem but none seemed to do the trick.
Youtube isn't the first place I would look

Have you tried this?
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

restart PC after running both
First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Lutfij

Titan
Since you've posted this thread in the Windows 10 section, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? We'll also need a little more details about the system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please include the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have tried many youtube fixes to try solve the problem but none seemed to do the trick.
Youtube isn't the first place I would look

Have you tried this?
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

restart PC after running both
First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Solution