Question Windows works but I cant access bios!

Jun 27, 2021
I recently built a pc 2 weeks ago and everything worked out smoothly not my first or my second build. Ever since its posted I have never seen the bios once, I've only ever seen the windows setup wizard that it takes you on when your installing windows for the first time. What's also interesting is that all my rgb fans all corsair, don't light up ever since post. All I really want to do is xmp set my mem to 3200mhz. I only get the vga rgb lights on my gpu and the motherboard lights. I've tried taking out one stick of ram but it just boots straight to windows. As well as booting without hdd and when I do that I get nothing on my screen… aswell as trying all video ports on my gpu and monitor. I thought it was the quick startup option but when I look into power settings I only get two boxes neither of them being the fast startup that I could then uncheck. I attempted to update the bios, I plugged in my usb in the bios usb slot in the back of my mother board and held the bios flashback button for 10 seconds as suggested and nothing happened. I was wondering if this might just be it as I'm not entirely sure if it is necessary to remove 80% of my hardware in order to update my motherboard. If this is the issue, being the motherboard is not up to date I'm doing the usb setup wrong. All I did was go to the rog website and download their newest allbeit beta drivers, extracted, dragged and dropped them in my usb and called it a day. Maybe there's more to it? It said I had to rename it but it said it was already renamed so I don't know. and yes the usb is formatted fat32. Thank you all so much in advanced looking foward to some helpful replies!
pc specs
asusb550 gaming-f
ryzen9 5900x
16gb ram 3200mhz clocked at 2133mhz
rtx3080ti
1tb wd blue
850 corsair psu
360hz alienware aw2521h with newest dp cable

Last edited:
for an easy way to update BIOS;
download ASUS AI Suite and run the included EZ Update component.
it will give the option from within Windows to update the BIOS.

for accessing the BIOS;
just spam the Delete & F2 keys as soon as the system is powered on.
many times users will just miss the entry window because the screen doesn't power up fast enough to show it.
you can also try F8 while booting for entering the boot manager, it can offer a choice to boot into the BIOS.

for Corsair component's LEDs;
you may need to use their iCUE software to enable & control the LEDs.
and connected devices supported by ASUS should be controllable through Armoury Crate & Aura Creator.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021
for an easy way to update BIOS;
download ASUS AI Suite and run the included EZ Update component.
it will give the option from within Windows to update the BIOS.

for accessing the BIOS;
just spam the Delete & F2 keys as soon as the system is powered on.
many times users will just miss the entry window because the screen doesn't power up fast enough to show it.
you can also try F8 while booting for entering the boot manager, it can offer a choice to boot into the BIOS.

for Corsair component's LEDs;
you may need to use their iCUE software to enable & control the LEDs.
and connected devices supported by ASUS should be controllable through Armoury Crate & Aura Creator.
I’ve tried many times trying to get in by mashing every key imaginable but I haven’t tried f8! I’ve installed icue and it doesn’t detect anything even tho I have them plugged to the controller and I’ve made sure those connections are all really secure. I’ll also try that asus ez updated and I’ll let y’all know how it goes thank you.