Question Wired and wireless lagging only on pc

Mar 3, 2020
The past few days I have been able to play any online games on PC as I have been lagging nonstop. When I run wired, it runs fine for about 30 seconds and then will cut out completely, then going back to normal. So then I try to go to wireless and I lag consistently to the point where I can't compete at a decent level. This happens for every game I've tried on PC and even went on to my xbox and played online wirelessly and have been doing just fine. My PC is a Intel i7-7700 CPU 16gb RAM with a NVIDIA geforce gtx 1070. My NVIDIA drivers are up to date along with my ethernet drivers, windows is also currently up to date. I called my ISP and they said they can't see anything wrong on their end so I just ended up looking dumb. Any suggestions?

Edit: when I do an internet test it says I’m getting some 150 mb download and 20 upload but still the problem persists. My mb/s on steam is all the way down to 2-3 when I usually average 20-40

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Does the issue crop up when you're on your desktop doing regular tasks (sans gaming, after booting)? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your NIC drivers? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Mar 3, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your system, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Does the issue crop up when you're on your desktop doing regular tasks (sans gaming, after booting)? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your NIC drivers? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Actually, I just tried plugging my ethernet cable into my router instead of straight into the modem and that seemed to work somehow? Though my speeds aren't quite as fast