hyuodfwegyu

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Hello! Just wondering if it's worth it to use a wireless headset for gaming? For many years it wasn't worth it to use a wireless mouse for gaming because of the latency or lag, however, over time this issue has been improved upon and for the most part resolved. I was wondering if the same currently applies to wireless headsets or is it still not worth it to use them for gaming in comparison to wired headsets? Thanks for any insight that you're able to provide, it's much appreciated, and I hope that you have a nice day!

Lutfij

Titan
I'm old school and as such I prefer an analog connection with my audio, not wireless. There's also the matter of wireless headsets needing to replace the battery(rechargeable) over time which I feel isn't practical. The only thing that does hold true is that technology will advance and with that amplitude, you're going to see an uptick in marketing tactics/jargon. If you want to go wireless, there are plenty of options, just stay away from Razer gear though I'd advise on going analog/wired.

Jul 5, 2022
Personally I think that wireless headsets are worth your money for gaming, especially at this time. The tech has gotten really well. Yeah you might have to occasionally charge them, but from all of the one's I've tried I get at least a day's worth of battery. Despite needing to charge them, I personally would pick wireless headsets over analog any day, the convenience of being able to roam around your house while still talking to your friends or listening to music is fantastic. I've been steelseries 9x for about 3 years now and I have 0 complains about them, they are very comfortable and sound as good as analog headsets.

wondra2

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
It is worth noting there is one wirless headphones issue not solved yet: static/hissing. All wireless headphones I had/tried/read user experience, produced hissing sound, some quiter and some louder - as loud as whisper. Its not just cheap ones, even the 'premium' ones do it, for example I have a bad experience with Arctis Pro due to the hiss.
There are people that dont mind the hiss or block it out unless they focus on it and there are people that cant stand it. Definitely try/borrow some wireless headphones(with same technology!) before you buy them.

Last edited:

hyuodfwegyu

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Personally I think that wireless headsets are worth your money for gaming, especially at this time. The tech has gotten really well. Yeah you might have to occasionally charge them, but from all of the one's I've tried I get at least a day's worth of battery. Despite needing to charge them, I personally would pick wireless headsets over analog any day, the convenience of being able to roam around your house while still talking to your friends or listening to music is fantastic. I've been steelseries 9x for about 3 years now and I have 0 complains about them, they are very comfortable and sound as good as analog headsets.
Do you use a pc? If so, do you use a Xbox Wireless dongle to connect the headset to your pc? According to some Arctis 9X users they've had issues with the headset disconnecting on its own and experienced audio stutters. Have you had any similar issues with your Arctis 9X?