Question Witcher 3 intense lag

Tw2

Jul 11, 2019
Hi guys, I've seen a lot about this topic online and have tried most of them, with none working. Witcher 3 has an immense amount of lag (my specs are below), it was playable (thought with a fair amount of micro stuttering) in White Orchard but now it has become unbearable in the next area. I have tried playing with the nvdia control panel (following online guidance) have even uninstalled nvida geforce experience as i noticed an increase when launching the game through it. Playing with steam though now has the same affect,no matter what framerate, what resolution and whether vsync is on or off. Would really appreciate the help as I've spent hours of my time restarting and changing the settings but to no avail. If I'm lucky its playable for a few minutes after loading then the lag begins again, and now combat is simply impossible with the whole thing being overwhelmed. Even the in game menu begins to lag, however the main menu for the game and my pc do not. I even have an external fan so overheating is not the issue, and my PC specs seem better than many who have fixed the issue. Any help would be really appreciated as, thanks in advance

SPECS;

DELL XPS 15 9570
INTEL(R)CORE(TM)i9-8950KH CPU @2.90
32GM RAM
GEFORCE GTX 1050Ti with Max Q design
1920X1080, 60HZ

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Download MSI Afterburner and monitor you cpu and gpu usage while ingame. Take note of their usages while in the menu, White Orchard, and the area that's giving you the most trouble.
What graphics settings are you playing at? Low, med, high, ultra?

Your overall setup isn't well balanced. You've got a high end cpu(I9) paired with a low end gpu(1050ti MQ). You'll likely have trouble with smooth frames with high and ultra settings.

Have you already tried downloading and running DDU to uninstall the current graphics driver and reinstalling the latest one?

Tw2

Jul 11, 2019
Everything is mostly on low, a couple things are medium such as terrain and background charachters but thats it (except resolution which is at 1280x720). Is it worth me attempting to reinstall? Even with my unbalanced setup it seems crazy that a game from 2015 is causing such issues. Will download the software you recommend now, cheers for the advice