Old CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
New Processor: Ryzen 5 4500
SSD 480gb Kingston
RTX3060 Galax 12GB
Corsair CX500

———
———

image-35.jpg

After installing the new CPU, the system throw an error of fTPM. In this error, I don’t remember what option I’ve choosed (Y or N) but I remember the system reboot and asked me again. After that, It tried to boot, but 5 seconds on load, video lost signal and PC won’t even shut down on the ON/OFF button.

My BIOS is updated to the latest version.

So far I tried several approaches:
  • Install the old processor back again (PC boots normally to Windows), deactivate all TPM configs, install the new CPU again (wont boot, only BIOS)
  • Clear CMOS;
  • Try to install windows 10 (won’t boot the installation)
  • Update BIOS with the new CPU;
  • Reinstall my GTX 960 to test if my supply power was enough (same issues)
  • Too many other I can’t remember rn;
So I got an idea. Plug an old HDD with an Windows 10 from my mom’s old notebook… [mod edit] booted normal.

So I picked up my SSD, plugged on my notebook and install Windows through it. Plugged back in the computer… won’t boot.

My last attempt is to clone the Windows from the old HDD that is working into the SSD. But if won’t work, idk anymore.

Help pls

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

You have a major problem in your build. This unit;
Corsair CX500
Is more of an expensive paperweight. You should look into a reliably built PSU to replace that unit.

The second major problem is that you have a DDR4-2400MHz ram on your build. If you went with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz tight timings ram kit, you'd get an uplift in overall system performance.

GA M320MA-M2

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320MA-M2-rev-10/support#support-cpu
According to the CPU support list, you're going to need to be on BIOS version F51d but since you're on F13, I'd advise that you gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version.

Unless you took an older picture, that image shows you to be on an older BIOS version, F13.

Jan 4, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

You have a major problem in your build. This unit;
Corsair CX500
Is more of an expensive paperweight. You should look into a reliably built PSU to replace that unit.

GA M320MA-M2

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320MA-M2-rev-10/support#support-cpu
According to the CPU support list, you're going to need to be on BIOS version F51d but since you're on F13, I'd advise that you gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version.

Unless you took an older picture, that image shows you to be on an older BIOS version, F13.
That picture is from the web. I took it just for example. Sorry to not mention it

Jan 4, 2023
Update on my question:

I have upgraded my MOBO to a Asus X470 Pro and the new CPU works fine. I guess my old mobo had a problem or the compatibility isn't the best.

Thank you for the help.

Happy New Year.