MonsterRAGEnrg

Prominent
May 9, 2019
I recently had a power surge and after, I tried to boot my pc and it wouldn't boot. All the signs pointed to fried mother board. I bought a new motherboard and it still wouldn't boot past post, so I also replaced the processer. After all that it still will not boot passed post. I tried the new processer on the old board and it acted like it was booting and running but no visual from the on board or the gpu.

I recently had a power surge and after, I tried to boot my pc and it wouldn't boot. All the signs pointed to fried mother board. I bought a new motherboard and it still wouldn't boot past post, so I also replaced the processer. After all that it still will not boot passed post. I tried the new processer on the old board and it acted like it was booting and running but no visual from the on board or the gpu.
Specs of the machines and have you tried clearing it's bios? The surge may not have fried the mobo but the cpu and psu. As much as the psu maybe wanting to work it maybe having stability issues.

MonsterRAGEnrg

Prominent
May 9, 2019
Specs of the machines and have you tried clearing it's bios? The surge may not have fried the mobo but the cpu and psu. As much as the psu maybe wanting to work it maybe having stability issues.

The first two are the original motherboard and processor also I did try to reset the bios

Motherboard ASRock z370 killer
Processor Intel i5 8400
32 gig of basic ram
MSI Radeon RX 570 GPU
Seagate barracuda 1 TB hard drive

The new motherboard and processor is the ASRock z390 phantom motherboard and the Intel i5 9400f