mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
I just noticed my prebuild is on a 12gen Alderlake S motherboard but with a raptor lake 13700KF CPU, I know they work fine as I am posting on here obviously but is it worth it for me to grab a Raptor Lake motherboard would this make a difference?

Solution
IHMO; If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You might want to include your full system's specs. Sig space specs tend to change over time and when that happens it renders the thread and it's suggestions moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in.

Lutfij

Titan

You might want to include your full system's specs. Sig space specs tend to change over time and when that happens it renders the thread and it's suggestions moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in.

Solution
I just noticed my prebuild is on a 12gen Alderlake S motherboard but with a raptor lake 13700KF CPU, I know they work fine as I am posting on here obviously but is it worth it for me to grab a Raptor Lake motherboard would this make a difference?
Hey there,

Short answer is, no. Changing your mobo will not bring much of anything you don't have already. Maybe, if you intended to CO the CPU, you could argue for a more robust mobo with better power phases, but yours is just fine. You do also sometimes get more ports or better sound codecs with more expensive motherboards.

But, IMO, not worth the change.

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

Specs in my signature, and sounds good, guess ill be saving some money, cheers!