[SOLVED] Would this be considered a bottleneck?

Mar 20, 2020
I have an EVGA GTX 950 and an AMD A10 7800 with the integrated graphics disabled. Online, people say they get high FPS in games all the time with these same specs. But in my experiences (as shown in the picture), I am only utilizing about 30% of my CPU power, and 1-9% of my GPU. I have updated all my drivers, went through NVidia control panel, and made sure my video cable is plugged into my graphics card. I am only getting 20-40 FPS in CSGO on 1024x760 low settings, when I SHOULD be getting around 150-180+ FPS.

My friend says it's a bottleneck, but if it were, wouldn't the CPU usage be maxed out, with the GPU usage at around 20-35%?? I also am using a Samsung SyncMaster 1400x900 75hz monitor. This monitor has no HDMI input, so I am rocking an HDMI to VGA converter plugged into my GPU. Would this be what is wrong? Or am I crazy???
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

VXfckwG.jpg

Solution
Yeah, if it's a "bottleneck" then either the CPU or GPU should be at 100% while the other is significantly less.

Just sitting at your desktop isn't going to use much GPU though. Run something like FurMark and monitor the GPU usage while that's going.
Yeah, if it's a "bottleneck" then either the CPU or GPU should be at 100% while the other is significantly less.

Just sitting at your desktop isn't going to use much GPU though. Run something like FurMark and monitor the GPU usage while that's going.

Solution
Mar 20, 2020

I have Counter Strike running in the background. That should be enough to make the GPU usage rise right?