Would You Switch to Bing for $3 to a Good Cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Nice PR stunt to get people to use Bing and get rep for your company.

But this PR stunt helps people who need it, so I'll jump on the bandwagon, for a little while anyway.

teeebs

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
What the hell is a "bing".....:S

But seriously, they must be pretty hard up for customer to have to resort to something like this....hmmm.

G

Haha only $100k is like pennys for microsoft. Should make it a million or something.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I wouldn't. If I want to donate to a good cause then I donate, not because some corporate giant is having troubles getting people to use their search engine, so they use the good old "think of the children!" cause to get people to do what they want them to.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]arael[/nom]I wouldn't. If I want to donate to a good cause then I donate, not because some corporate giant is having troubles getting people to use their search engine, so they use the good old "think of the children!" cause to get people to do what they want them to.[/citation]

I think you are missing the point... use it to get 3$ from a big corporation, it is clear you aren't going to change your browser, so you have nothing to lose.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
why not...I use bing.com/shopping to find the best prices on the net anyways...and bing.com/travel is also pretty good when searching for flight info and accommodation

G

They are so desperate. First it was win a prize if you'll (pleaz, pleaz, pretty pleaz) try IE -- now it's try Bing or the kid gets it.

prozium42

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Something tells me they'd be paying out that 100,000 with the users they already have, making switching over completely pointless. If not then a lot less people use Bing than i thought

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
I don't get these "cheap" donations from big companies....

first of all...it's MS....$100,000 to them is like a penny donation to normal people...

I like Bing....it's good alternative to Google....but impress me with $multimillion donation if you're gonna go at it....

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
This promotion reminds me of that KFC commercial for breast cancer. Buy a bucket of greasy ass chicken for 8 or 10 bucks and we'll donate 50 cents to some breast cancer foundation. Why not just say you'll donate every dollar you made from those buckets of chicken for that month to the breast cancer foundation or just STFU and donate to it on your own and leave me out of the equation! If I want to donate to a cause like needy kids (and arent all kids needy when you really get down to it?) or breast cancer (save the boobies!) then I will donate to them on my own ... dont make me buy your crap so that YOU will donate. That's borderline extortion. Or at least a huge guilt trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts