Feb 9, 2020
Hello everyone. Here is my question. Let's say i bought x470 motherboard and last time i checked has support for windows 7. Will drivers work if i first install win7 and later upgrade to 8.1?

Solution
Hello everyone. Here is my question. Let's say i bought x470 motherboard and last time i checked has support for windows 7. Will drivers work if i first install win7 and later upgrade to 8.1?
Better go straight for W10. W7 is problematic with 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen, As W7 doesn't have any inbuilt drivers for x370/470/570 chipsets and MBs you have to inject them (if they exist for your MB) into W7 installation first.
You also may need Ps/2 keyboard and mouse to start W7 installation at all.
Better go straight for W10. W7 is problematic with 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen, As W7 doesn't have any inbuilt drivers for x370/470/570 chipsets and MBs you have to inject them (if they exist for your MB) into W7 installation first.

Solution
Feb 9, 2020
but in asus website in support section there is 2 os options win 10 and 7

but in asus website in support section there is 2 os options win 10 and 7
Yes but those work directly only with 1st gen Ryzen, for everything else you need to inject drivers int W7 installation first and before attempting installation. Ps/2 keyboard may also be needed at first.
All told, Ryzen being latest generation works better on W10, even performance wise.

Reactions: pcgasm