Xaser III case any good?

timberwolf1

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2003
Anyone here using a Xaser III case? If so what do you think of it? I read the THG review of it, which pulled me away from the Antec 1080AMG I was planning on getting, but I'd like to hear from some owners first.

Gary Hendricks
<A HREF="http://www.digital-music-guide.com" target="_new">www.digital-music-guide.com</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Xaser III and 1080AMG both use the Chieftec Dragon chassis, which is available in both aluminum and steel. You could save some money by buying the Dragon.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
It is a good case but it is way overpriced. Just get a cheiftech, dragon or x-spider, case. Thus you can do your own specialty mods too.

Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2420mhz 11x220 1.7v
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/720)

jon_west_uk

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2003
I like the case. I have removed some of the internal screw free fittings though - like the one for the pci slots. Completely useless and doesnt work properly. Apart from that minor niggle i like it. The case is sturdy enough. Was a little on the expensive side but when i spent a fortune on my pc i wanted the wow effect for my mates who know nothing about pc's!!

Someone please unwire me...the gadgets are taking over!