[SOLVED] Xbox 360 controller windows support

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
i have been using xbox 360 controller on PC for years, always working fine with no problem at all

But i updated windows to 2004 version and all of a sudden it doesn't recognize in the last version. the controller doesn't pair with the receiver. I try to reinstalled drivers manually and for device manager, let me chose the drivers, etc... but it doesn't recognize anymore.

I had to go back to 1909 version, in that version everything is fine.

I made a backup of my 1909 drivers and try to install in the 2004 but it doesn't worked either.

Some of you have a work around this problem? i won't update again until i know how to fix it

Solution
So it is most likely faulty driver. If the core windows works and excel updates works, they most likely push it and ignore rest of the stuff that could work with it. Sorry to say, but I don't see any different way to overcome this, than just wait on 1909.

RBuczynski

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
Well, this is dull. My ps4 pro controller, paired on bt, works fine on 2004. Some other stuff is buggy, but pad works fine, both in 1809 and 2004.
Does it work, when you use emulator (I know it sounds stupid) like inputmapper? Is it properly recognised, when you plug it with cable? If you are connecting it via bt, i always get things to work (both in 1809 and 2004) by make windows forget them, and then connect to them again. Dull as hell, but hey, it's windows.

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
Well, this is dull. My ps4 pro controller, paired on bt, works fine on 2004. Some other stuff is buggy, but pad works fine, both in 1809 and 2004.
Does it work, when you use emulator (I know it sounds stupid) like inputmapper? Is it properly recognised, when you plug it with cable? If you are connecting it via bt, i always get things to work (both in 1809 and 2004) by make windows forget them, and then connect to them again. Dull as hell, but hey, it's windows.

My Xbox 360 controllers are connect via an usb receiver that use wireless conection with the controller, and it can be paired like a console, but windows version 2004 doesn't recognize the receiver like it should so the controller keeps searching with a device to pair with. It stays like a unknow device, and not matter if i try to intall the right driver, it stays that way

The thing is, i know the controller, the receiver and the drivers that i use are fine, because they are working in my actual version (the old one 1909).

Ps4 controller are easier to connect, because is with BT

RBuczynski

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
So it is most likely faulty driver. If the core windows works and excel updates works, they most likely push it and ignore rest of the stuff that could work with it. Sorry to say, but I don't see any different way to overcome this, than just wait on 1909.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Sorry to derail your thread OP, but have a question for you about this adapter you are using.

As a "for instance"...I had been using a dongle, PS3 controller, and SCP toolkit to use that controller with PC, and still do in my living room. I had some issue between one of my remaining controllers and the main pc so I swapped to Xbox One controller.
When I pair on this machine is via the bluetooth built in. Each single time I want to use I have to turn on, go pair in the console for BT, then on to game...before it was hit power button, hear sound, play.
Does this adapter you are using make like the second scenario?

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
Sorry to derail your thread OP, but have a question for you about this adapter you are using.

As a "for instance"...I had been using a dongle, PS3 controller, and SCP toolkit to use that controller with PC, and still do in my living room. I had some issue between one of my remaining controllers and the main pc so I swapped to Xbox One controller.
When I pair on this machine is via the bluetooth built in. Each single time I want to use I have to turn on, go pair in the console for BT, then on to game...before it was hit power button, hear sound, play.
Does this adapter you are using make like the second scenario?

I just have to turn on the controller and game on

Reactions: punkncat