Xbox One Phat doesnt turn on after thermal paste replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2018
hello guys!
a few days ago we opened my xbox to change thermal paste cuz it was heating up too much.did everythink like it suppouse to be.
assembled everything. but when trying to turn it on there is a sound and a light but for a split second and nothing. tried to open the xbox twice now trying things i saw online like blowing hot hair cuz a sensor think its wet or something.
even dissasmbled everything to build again from the start.
heres a video.
microsoft support chat didnt want to help they told me to ask reddit and other forums. so im trying.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6snB5ppt9w&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

im desperate. help me..
sorry if i have some bad english.

Ralston18

Titan
Opening the Xbox ended any remaining warranties - if there were any to begin with....

About all you can do is open up the box and try a very careful "do over".

Inspect everything and test as much as you safely can before closing up the box again.

Oct 21, 2018

warrenty ended 2 years ago.
i opened it like 2 times already. what do i need to look at? what can cause this problem? have any idea?

and what is a do over

Ralston18

Titan
Identify the exact source location of the sound and light.

Look for anything that may be getting caught, stuck, jammed; any physical failing.

Any signs of a broken circuit board connector, brown or black streaks, something bent, twisted, smashed. disconnected or incorrectly connected.

"Do over" means start over from the beginning and do everything once more. Just go slow and careful. Ensure that you test/try any thing that you can as each step is completed.

And an afterthought - what thermal paste did you use?

Oct 21, 2018

thermal is arctic mx4
i did a do over like 3 times already. didnt found anything

the light is from the led that indicate the xbox is on when i press. the sound is from the little speaker.
i really have no idea anymore for what to do
microsoft repair is over a 100$
tested a friend power brick to see if the power brick was problem. but it wasnt

Oct 21, 2018

but if my xbox didnt turn on with his power brick. how the power brick may be the problem?
and i will check when i meet him again
any other solution?

Dec 6, 2022
Hi! I am having the same issue with my xbox one x. Ive tried replacement power supply, fan, ssd, and replaced thermal paste multiple times. Does anyone have an answer to this. It all happened after I replaced my thermal paste and pads. I used thermal grizzy 1.5mm and arcticmx-4 thermal paste. Thanks eveyone for their help!

Status
Not open for further replies.