Dec 30, 2019
Hello, first off I am sorry if this is in the wrong section or something because I am new here, also sorry for my English that may be bad sometimes :p

I have an Xbox One S controller, plugged it in with an USB data cable in my PC and the controller gives a short vibrate and then just does nothing, even the Xbox light doesn't light up. It's not showing in device manager either.

Things I have tried:
  • Different USB data cable.
  • Windows updates
  • Controller drivers
  • Updated the controller with my Xbox One S console, controller was not recognized with the Xbox Accessoires app on my PC.
I don't know what else to do and I really wan't to use my controller on my PC to play games, it just doesn't work!

System specs (if needed)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000Mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3

Thanks for helping me!

Solution
If you have steam, try starting up big picture mode. Steam does a good job at recognizing controllers, and maybe it'll realize it's there.

Best of luck!
Dec 30, 2019
Also, the controller did show up last time in Device Manager when I ticked, show disconnected devices or something, and while looking into the events list it said something like an error.

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
If you have steam, try starting up big picture mode. Steam does a good job at recognizing controllers, and maybe it'll realize it's there.

Best of luck!

Solution