HawaiiGG

Reputable
Jul 1, 2019
I recently bought the GA-H61M-S1 (rev. 2.0)

my cpu is the Xeon E3-1220-V2

and when i tried doing a userbenchmark and or any other benchmark i was getting extremely worrying performance.

I ran the intel diagnostic tool to make sure the cpu wasnt a scam.
it passed.

so now im wondering what could cause this?

here is my full specs:

MOBO: GA-H61M-S1
CPU: E3-1220-V2
GPU: HD 5830
PSU: 300 or 350W(havent checked for a while)

I run win 10 and bios version F9

Hope Its enough :)

Solution
Should be 4 cores yes. Was Windows freshly installed on this hardware configuration?

See here how to navigate to where you can set number of processors. Untick the box next to number of processors if this is ticked then restart. Windows can self tick this option if Windows wasn't reinstalled and coming from another cpu with less cores.

HawaiiGG

Reputable
Jul 1, 2019
its almost as bad as an pentium G645 at this point,

Userbenchmark results: Theis-computer THEIS-Extra PC Typ 10 H61DT-R3 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Cinebench R23
image.png

i thought this thing had 4 cores why is it showing up as four cores too?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Should be 4 cores yes. Was Windows freshly installed on this hardware configuration?

See here how to navigate to where you can set number of processors. Untick the box next to number of processors if this is ticked then restart. Windows can self tick this option if Windows wasn't reinstalled and coming from another cpu with less cores.

Solution

HawaiiGG

Reputable
Jul 1, 2019
thank you so much that was actually the fix,

but is there any way i could push a little more juice out of this cpu?
image.png

i see that a lot of people can push a little more out of this, or do they just have the perfect chip?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You're welcome.

Well not really, H61 unlike p67 z68/z77 series boards can't overclock. Lack of Hyperthreading hurts too. An i7 3770 or Xeon 1230 v2 would be better though, both 4c/8t, if you really want to continue investing an old system.