cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
I have a modem / router from Xfinity and just about everyday, our internet keeps disconnecting two or three times a day, everyday. If any of you have similar problems and have resolved this issue, please share me your solutions. Would anybody tell me if a "dual band router" like this one here https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-AC12...l+band+router&qid=1563039436&s=gateway&sr=8-5 be able to enhance and stabilize the internet from disconnecting all the time?

Would I only need an ethernet cable and connect from the modem/router to the dual band router basically "plug and play" and see if this stabilizes the internet connection?

Also I found some information here https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Xfinity-keep-disconnecting that I find useful as to why we keep getting internet disconnection.

(Image of a modem/router that I have similar to this except it has a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz band)

tg862r_800x.jpg

Every attempt to troubleshooting requires that you narrow down the problem, ideally to a single variable. Ur post got too much going on, must simplify.

Disconnect Internet doesn't tell me anything. Are u on WIFI or Ethernet? WIFI is susceptible to local interference (not ISP fault), so if I were you, I plug in my PC to modem via an ethernet cable (no interference unlike WIFI) and test. Are u alone in this house? 'cuz if my roommates got no problem, dang is just me!

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Every attempt to troubleshooting requires that you narrow down the problem, ideally to a single variable. Ur post got too much going on, must simplify.

Disconnect Internet doesn't tell me anything. Are u on WIFI or Ethernet? WIFI is susceptible to local interference (not ISP fault), so if I were you, I plug in my PC to modem via an ethernet cable (no interference unlike WIFI) and test. Are u alone in this house? 'cuz if my roommates got no problem, dang is just me!
My parent's computer is plugged in to the modem/router with an ethernet cable. I'm using a desktop computer with a PCI wireless card to allow my computer to support wifi since I don't want to run ethernet cable two floors in my house. My parent's computer had no problem surfing the web when I can't. The main computer that is plugged into the modem/router with the ethernet cable can run fine while many other devices can't connect to the internet whether is our 4k smart TV, laptop, or smartphones as either the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz light flashes (blinking) on the modem/router. What does that mean and why does it happen?

OK, so is just you, that simplify things quite a bit.

U maybe just too far away from the WIFI base station my friend.

Another often complaint is, if this happens during gaming, some games are very sensitive to latency, and large latency can be caused heavy use in your home, basically congestion can be the cause. Congestions often not simple to resolve other than telling everybody to get off when ur gaming.

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
OK, so is just you, that simplify things quite a bit.

U maybe just too far away from the WIFI base station my friend.

Another often complaint is, if this happens during gaming, some games are very sensitive to latency, and large latency can be caused heavy use in your home, basically congestion can be the cause. Congestions often not simple to resolve other than telling everybody to get off when ur gaming.
Also our 4k Bravia 55 inch and 65 inch TV, laptops, and mobile devices have trouble connecting to the internet if wifi disconnects. For instance when the lights on the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz starts flashing for whatever reasons.