[SOLVED] XMP causes only one specific game to crash

Jan 7, 2021
Hi all,
I've seen a lot of people with similar problems but I haven't found anything that is like what I am experiencing. I have a decent amount of games on my pc, but only one, Madden 21 for Steam, makes my computer reboot after around 2 minutes of having it launched (No blue screens, just a sudden cut to black then the windows loading icon). Keep in mind, with XMP off, the game runs just fine. In event viewer, it is shown that this is a fatal cache hierarchy error reported by the processor. I have tried updating my bios, reinstalling my RAM, manually setting the clock speed of the ram, resetting my bios to "optimized defaults", reinstalling almost every single driver and various other things like eliminating most background tasks when running the game and so on. I probably forgot a few of the things I did but I'm sure I can give any info if necessary. Also, I realize that Madden isn't well optimized because it's just EA and same could probably be said for the mobo, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5900X with Epic 240 Supercooler
MSI B550 PRO-VDH WIFI (4 DIMM slots)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
32GB (8GB * 4) DDR4 HyperX Fury RGB Memory (Part Number: KHX3600C17D4/8GX )
1TB Intel 665p M.2 NVME
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB HDD
EVGA 750 B5 (750W Bronze) PSU
Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM Version: 20H2

Thaiphoon Ram Report:
https://mega.nz/file/eb4SHSIC#4ERGRi2YaOVYryGaLjvwbgU98Fm8CHvgOR3im3Mc6FA
If you aren't comfortable downloading the file, that is completely okay.

The system and its components are brand new, so age isn't really a problem

Let me know if you guys have any questions and/or need me to provide more info. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

750W is the advertised wattage of the PSU. Please include the make and model of the PSU and it's age if it's been recycled from an older system. What OS version are you on? Might want to also scope out the BIOS version on your motherboard at the time of writing.

How are the rams populating the slots on your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

750W is the advertised wattage of the PSU. Please include the make and model of the PSU and it's age if it's been recycled from an older system. What OS version are you on? Might want to also scope out the BIOS version on your motherboard at the time of writing.

How are the rams populating the slots on your motherboard?

Solution
Jan 7, 2021
I have included the updates specs in the list, I will let you know my BIOS version when I update my pc.
Info added:
  • Included that each stick of RAM is 8 GB and they occupy all 4 DIMM slots on my mobo
  • Included OEM Version: Win10 Home ver 20H2
  • Included PSU specs (EVGA 750 B5, 750W Bronze)
  • Included hard drive model (just because)

Last edited: