dominic

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2002

My computer came with XP Home pre-installed the problem is that I do not see
word or any programs that I can work with is this possible or am I not seeing
something? Your help is very much needed.
Thanks

Windows XP is an "Operating System" and does not include
applications such as Microsoft Word or Office. You can purchase
your desired applications by visiting your favorite store that sells
computer software.

How to Buy Microsoft Word
http://www.microsoft.com/office/word/howtobuy/default.mspx

Microsoft Works Suite 2005 also includes Microsoft Word
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=88ef866c-23d8-4105-b196-a3d05a8f7234&type=ovr

($99.95 - $20.00 rebate = $79.95) (good value)

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Dominic" wrote:

| My computer came with XP Home pre-installed the problem is that I do not see
| word or any programs that I can work with is this possible or am I not seeing
| something? Your help is very much needed.
| Thanks

If you want MS Office or similar, you have to go to a store and buy it.. MS
Office has never been an integral part of any MS operating system..

"Dominic" <Dominic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer came with XP Home pre-installed the problem is that I do not
> see
> word or any programs that I can work with is this possible or am I not
> seeing
> something? Your help is very much needed.
> Thanks

An excellent alternative to purchasing Microsoft Office is to download the
free, no spyware attached, OpenOffice Suite. This is a large 50MB download
but will open, save and work very well with all Microsoft Office files
http://www.openoffice.org/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Dominic wrote:
> My computer came with XP Home pre-installed the problem is that I do
> not see word or any programs that I can work with is this possible
> or
> am I not seeing something? Your help is very much needed.
> Thanks

WinXP is an operating system. As such, it contains _no_ word
processing capabilities. It does come with two rudimentary text
editors, NotePad and WordPad, but neither on can perform any advanced
word processing functions.

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm