xp reactivation after mobo change

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:30:52 -0700, Donald McDaniel
<dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:44:04 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:46:31 -0700, Donald McDaniel
>> <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The only "problem" I had with Linux was Linux itself. Anything built
>by OpenSource is bound to be weak and subject to buggy behavior.

And windows does not have buggy behavoir?

When I select mulitple files using xp sp1 or xp sp2
I get a code 0xc0000005 error

It is not spyware or adaware or a virus.

Greg Ro

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:09:17 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:30:52 -0700, Donald McDaniel
> <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:44:04 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
> >wrote:

> >The only "problem" I had with Linux was Linux itself. Anything built
> >by OpenSource is bound to be weak and subject to buggy behavior.
>
> And windows does not have buggy behavoir?
>
> When I select mulitple files using xp sp1 or xp sp2
> I get a code 0xc0000005 error
>
> It is not spyware or adaware or a virus.
>

> Greg Ro

Greg, I really don't know why you receive that error. I never receive
an error after selecting multiple files, and I have XP Pro w/SP2
installed. In fact, I seldom receive an error not caused by my
ineptness.

Maybe you should start a new thread about it, describing in detail
your error, every thing you do leading up to receiving the error, and
every thing you do until you receive the error, along with a detailed
description of your OS, Service Pack level, and computer hardware.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order

Alias

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote

> Or are you like Pat Robertson? He advocates murder to satisfy his hate.

> --
> Peace!
> Kurt

Getting rid of Chávez would do the world and Venezuela a big favor. He's a
megalomanical idiot with a lot of money. But successful assasinations are,
by their very nature, covert, and Pat Robinson opening his big mouth might
have just prevented such a covert operation from happening. What a dork.

Alias

Alias wrote:
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote
>
>> Or are you like Pat Robertson? He advocates murder to satisfy his
>> hate.
>
> Getting rid of Chávez would do the world and Venezuela a big favor.
> He's a megalomanical idiot with a lot of money. But successful
> assasinations are, by their very nature, covert, and Pat Robinson
> opening his big mouth might have just prevented such a covert
> operation from happening. What a dork.

Unlike many Christians, I do believe that killing is wrong.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:09:17 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:30:52 -0700, Donald McDaniel
>> <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> The only "problem" I had with Linux was Linux itself. Anything
>>> built by OpenSource is bound to be weak and subject to buggy
>>> behavior.
>>
>> And windows does not have buggy behavoir?
>>
>> When I select mulitple files using xp sp1 or xp sp2
>> I get a code 0xc0000005 error
>>
>> It is not spyware or adaware or a virus.
>>

>> Greg Ro
>
> Greg, I really don't know why you receive that error. I never receive
> an error after selecting multiple files, and I have XP Pro w/SP2
> installed. In fact, I seldom receive an error not caused by my
> ineptness.
>
> Maybe you should start a new thread about it, describing in detail
> your error, every thing you do leading up to receiving the error, and
> every thing you do until you receive the error, along with a detailed
> description of your OS, Service Pack level, and computer hardware.

Do you count Greg as one of the MILLIONS made HAPPY by Windows? ROFL!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:45:04 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

> Donald McDaniel wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:09:17 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm12@yes.lycs.com>
> > wrote:

> >> And windows does not have buggy behavoir?
> >>
> >> When I select mulitple files using xp sp1 or xp sp2
> >> I get a code 0xc0000005 error
> >>
> >> It is not spyware or adaware or a virus.
> >>

> >> Greg Ro
> >
> > Greg, I really don't know why you receive that error. I never receive
> > an error after selecting multiple files, and I have XP Pro w/SP2
> > installed. In fact, I seldom receive an error not caused by my
> > ineptness.
> >
> > Maybe you should start a new thread about it, describing in detail
> > your error, every thing you do leading up to receiving the error, and
> > every thing you do until you receive the error, along with a detailed
> > description of your OS, Service Pack level, and computer hardware.
> >

> Do you count Greg as one of the MILLIONS made HAPPY by Windows? ROFL!

Obviously, he is not happy at this time. What do you take me for?
However, happiness is very transient. A man can be happy one minute,
and unhappy the next, depending on the time of day, the weather, what
he sees out the window, how his wife is treating him, how his boss is
treating him, etc. And the other side is also true. He can be
unhappy one minute, and happy the next, depending on many factors.

I never have had the problems with XP which Greg has reported.
I do not doubt him for one minute. However, I told him the truth,
that I personally have had no problems with XP which were not caused
by my own ineptness or lack of knowledge or understanding. I am also
sure, by the Laws of Chance (after all, XP has been distributed to
MANY MILLIONS of people), that the MAJORITY of Windows XP users are
more HAPPY with the product than UNHAPPY.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>> One of the BASIC tennents of Historical Christianity is "Thou shalt
>> not commit murder".
>
>LOL! That is, thou shalt not KILL.

Actually "you must not commit murder" would probably be a more
accurate translation of the original Hebrew text into current English.

Languages constantly evolve, and did so even in biblical times. The
meanings of words, and how they were used by the people living at that
time, can and does change. Just look at your phrase "thou shalt not"
which is totally archaic. The usage of the word shalt in the 16th
century corresponds more closely to the modern usage of must rather
than shall.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Donald McDaniel wrote:

> Insult-schminsult. I could care less whether I am insulted by
> Microsoft Product Activation or not. I grew out of my teen-age pride
> MANY, MANY years ago.

Of course your not insulted. You are a conformist.

> Just as long as it works, I am happy as a bedbug cuddled up to a fat
> man on a long Winter night.

LOL! I find it hysterical that you recieve happiness from an Operating
System.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Actually the word is translated to Murder. Also, biblically speaking
the commandment did not apply to either taking life in criminal type
punishment or warfare.

Ron Martell wrote:
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>
>>> One of the BASIC tennents of Historical Christianity is "Thou shalt
>>> not commit murder".
>>
>> LOL! That is, thou shalt not KILL.
>
> Actually "you must not commit murder" would probably be a more
> accurate translation of the original Hebrew text into current English.

LOL! Unless you have a time machine, there is no measure of what is the
more accurate translation.

> Languages constantly evolve, and did so even in biblical times. The
> meanings of words, and how they were used by the people living at that
> time, can and does change. Just look at your phrase "thou shalt not"
> which is totally archaic. The usage of the word shalt in the 16th
> century corresponds more closely to the modern usage of must rather
> than shall.

But that is the difference in the same language, over a relatively short
period of time. Hardly analoguos to translating old Hebrew to modern
day English.

But it really does not matter, since Pat was advocating assassination.
And the Iraq war was not a war of self-defense. Modern-day hypocritical
Christians that support assassination and unprovoked wars have broken
the intent of the Don't Murder/Kill commandment, no matter the
interpretation.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>But that is the difference in the same language, over a relatively short
>period of time. Hardly analoguos to translating old Hebrew to modern
>day English.

The problems occur when older documents are translated based on usage
at the time of translation.

One example, again from the bible, can be found in the book of Isiah
where a word whose usage at the time of the writing meant "young girl"
was translated as "virgin" because that is how that specific Hebrew
word was used at the time of the translation.

Ron Martell wrote:
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>

>> But that is the difference in the same language, over a relatively
>> short period of time. Hardly analoguos to translating old Hebrew to
>> modern day English.
>
> The problems occur when older documents are translated based on usage
> at the time of translation.
>
> One example, again from the bible, can be found in the book of Isiah
> where a word whose usage at the time of the writing meant "young girl"
> was translated as "virgin" because that is how that specific Hebrew
> word was used at the time of the translation.
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

LOL! And quite frankly, recent translations of the Bible may be just as
suspect especially considering the how out of touch with reality much of
the Christian communities and "scholars" are.

Idiots that think that evolution is suspect because it is considered a
"scientific theory," yet accept creationism or "intelligent design" on
nothing more than wishful thinking, are not credible sources of
scholarship.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Update problem fixed. Caused by eazyzip program.

This may also be the caused way it crashing xp after I burn a cd.

The dll for eazyzip is the same name as xp zip dll.

I really liked that program :(

I may try the compatibility option.

Greg Ro

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> If I remember my English, that would mean EXACTLY what I wrote. The
> "MAJORITY" of 100 MILLION is at LEAST 51% of 100 MILLION, which is at
> LEAST 51 MILLION.

I don't see how English translates into mathematical functions, but your 51%
assumption is wrong using the word "majority" when considering number
reflecting a certain guage or measurement. 51% is simply more than 50%, but
51% isn't the threshhold of a majority, any portion of a total that is over
50% is the majority (e.g. 50.000000001% is still more than 50%).

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:45:55 -0400, "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote:

> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> > If I remember my English, that would mean EXACTLY what I wrote. The
> > "MAJORITY" of 100 MILLION is at LEAST 51% of 100 MILLION, which is at
> > LEAST 51 MILLION.
>
> I don't see how English translates into mathematical functions, but your 51%
> assumption is wrong using the word "majority" when considering number
> reflecting a certain guage or measurement. 51% is simply more than 50%, but
> 51% isn't the threshhold of a majority, any portion of a total that is over
> 50% is the majority (e.g. 50.000000001% is still more than 50%).

You are certainly "right", Tom. I should have been more specific,
because there are many people who reject your statements because you
fail to "dot your eyes, and cross your tees". However, I used "51%"
(a little poetic license) to show kurt how ridiculous his statement
was.

However, "51%" IS a majority, as "50.000001%" is. In fact, ANYTHING
over exactly "50%" is a MAJORITY, technically. It's CERTAINLY not a
"MINORITY", nor is it the "EXACT" amount. I don't know EXACTLY when a
decimal approaching anything over .99 to a bilion places becomes a
UNIT, do you? Maybe if the decimal part somehow becomes exactly ".6"?
I am learning. I've never seen a decimal part of anything(including
human beings who make up a legislature such as the US legislature,
without dividing asunder the thing itself. Show me .6% of a Senator,
and I might more fully agree with you.

The word "Majority" is used OFTEN when referring to the greater part
of one of our legislative bodies, such as the US Senate, or ANY number
of human beings, for that matter. In that context, it means "exactly
ONE-HALF of the TOTAL number of persons making up the body, PLUS ONE
(a unit). That is the context I used the MAJORITY in.

Anyway, thanks for your correction.

George wrote:
> kurtrail and alias,
>
> Think about this: Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of
> fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
>
> For ETERNITY Fellows!!!! That is a LONGGGGGGGGGG time.
>
> God loves you guys and He made Heaven just for you, and He wants you
> in it!!!

Of course supposedly Yehoshua said that in the middle of a parable, that
wasn't meant to be taken literally!

Another false witness! I really love you Christians, and how you have
to misrepresent your God in order to justify your beliefs!

--

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:45:55 -0400, "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote:
>

>> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> If I remember my English, that would mean EXACTLY what I wrote. The
>>> "MAJORITY" of 100 MILLION is at LEAST 51% of 100 MILLION, which is
>>> at LEAST 51 MILLION.
>>
>> I don't see how English translates into mathematical functions, but
>> your 51% assumption is wrong using the word "majority" when
>> considering number reflecting a certain guage or measurement. 51% is
>> simply more than 50%, but 51% isn't the threshhold of a majority,
>> any portion of a total that is over 50% is the majority (e.g.
>> 50.000000001% is still more than 50%).
>>

> You are certainly "right", Tom. I should have been more specific,
> because there are many people who reject your statements because you
> fail to "dot your eyes, and cross your tees". However, I used "51%"
> (a little poetic license) to show kurt how ridiculous his statement
> was.
>
> However, "51%" IS a majority, as "50.000001%" is. In fact, ANYTHING
> over exactly "50%" is a MAJORITY, technically. It's CERTAINLY not a
> "MINORITY", nor is it the "EXACT" amount. I don't know EXACTLY when a
> decimal approaching anything over .99 to a bilion places becomes a
> UNIT, do you? Maybe if the decimal part somehow becomes exactly ".6"?
> I am learning. I've never seen a decimal part of anything(including
> human beings who make up a legislature such as the US legislature,
> without dividing asunder the thing itself. Show me .6% of a Senator,
> and I might more fully agree with you.
>
> The word "Majority" is used OFTEN when referring to the greater part
> of one of our legislative bodies, such as the US Senate, or ANY number
> of human beings, for that matter. In that context, it means "exactly
> ONE-HALF of the TOTAL number of persons making up the body, PLUS ONE
> (a unit). That is the context I used the MAJORITY in.
>
> Anyway, thanks for your correction.

LOL! You totally misrepresent what I meant. First you said MILLIONS
were made HAPPY by Windows, and then you said a MAJORITY. Now I only
pointed that out to show you up the ante on all the people you have no
way of proving that have been moved to happiness from an operating
system. The main point I was making was not the MILLIONS v. MAJORITY,
but that you are making both up! All you know is that Windows gets YOU
off on happiness. You have no friggin' idea how MILLIONS or a MAJORITY
of people are made to feel from Windows.

But there you go again bearing false witness. ;-)

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Alias

"Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote
>> When either activation or WGA doesn't work for you, get back to me. It
>> has
>> nothing to do with maturity, you moron! Being considered guilty until
>> proven
>> innocent is an insult. Period.
>>
>> Alias
>>
> Sir: ONLY a court of law can convict a person of guilt or innocense.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said that MS ASSUMES YOU ARE
GUILTY, not me, you moron! They ASSUME ONE IS GUILTY OF PIRACY UNTIL ONE
PROVES OTHERWISE by activation and WGA.

> If you are made to feel GUILTY by Microsoft Activation, maybe you are.

I have a legit copy of XP on all my computers. I do not feel guilty. I feel
insulted because I have to prove twice that I paid for a licence. Many
people have had to call India and other countries to prove that their copy
of XP is genuine. Meanwhile, the crackers and pirates just laugh. Only the
paying customer is inconvenienced. It's the worst PR move MS has ever made.

> Perhaps you need to learn to not go by your "feelings". Feelings come
> and go, but guilt or innocense remain, until changed by a court of Law
> or God.

God doesn't exist. A court of law is irrevelant unless you are talking about
a country taking MS to court for their abusive, monopolistic and predatory
ways.

> If you can't overcome feelings of guilt when you KNOW you are
> innocent, maybe you need to grow up a little.
>
> Donald L McDaniel

Maybe you need to get off your Christian high moral horse.

Alias

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:44:05 +0200, "Alias"
<aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:

> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote
> >> When either activation or WGA doesn't work for you, get back to me. It
> >> has
> >> nothing to do with maturity, you moron! Being considered guilty until
> >> proven
> >> innocent is an insult. Period.
> >>
> >> Alias
> >>
> > Sir: ONLY a court of law can convict a person of guilt or innocense.
>
> Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said that MS ASSUMES YOU ARE
> GUILTY, not me, you moron! They ASSUME ONE IS GUILTY OF PIRACY UNTIL ONE
> PROVES OTHERWISE by activation and WGA.

OK, prove it publically! I will certainly change my mind about
Microsoft if you can PROVE (with internal documentation from MICROSOFT
or a finding by a court of law) what you just said.

Product Activation ACTUALLY assumes that ALL product keys of XP are
LEGITIMATE, not ILLEGITIMATE. You just got it backward. Not
completely your fault. You just lack a little knowledge and
understanding about Microsoft Product Activation.

(By the way, Product Activation has been found to be COMPLETELY legal.
I assure you, Microsofts' legal department would have reseached case
law VERY, VERY carefully before instituting the process. Not only
that, but MANY software developers are starting to require Product
Activation or other means of authentication of some sort.)

Tell me, WHY do you feel "insulted", as you call it? An insult can
only touch you if there is ANY thing in you which responds to it.

For instance, I do not feel insulted that you have called me a "Moron"
publically several times in this newsgroup, because I know I am not a
moron. Now, when I was younger, I would have felt insulted, because I
was puffed up with pride, like most younger adults and some older
ones, too. I do admit that I still struggle with pride from time to
time. After all, I am still a little immature myself. I certainly
don't claim to being God or a wise man.

There is no room or need for pride in the heart of a mature person.

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:44:05 +0200, "Alias"
> <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:
>

>> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote

>> > Sir: ONLY a court of law can convict a person of guilt or innocense.
>>
>> Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said that MS ASSUMES YOU
>> ARE
>> GUILTY, not me, you moron! They ASSUME ONE IS GUILTY OF PIRACY UNTIL ONE
>> PROVES OTHERWISE by activation and WGA.
>
> OK, prove it publically! I will certainly change my mind about
> Microsoft if you can PROVE (with internal documentation from MICROSOFT
> or a finding by a court of law) what you just said.

Reading comprehension isn't your only problem. You also have a problem with
logic. Why should I have to prove I bought something twice when I have the
receipt for payment over in the drawer?

> Product Activation ACTUALLY assumes that ALL product keys of XP are
> LEGITIMATE, not ILLEGITIMATE. You just got it backward. Not
> completely your fault. You just lack a little knowledge and
> understanding about Microsoft Product Activation.

BS. If they assumed all were legitimate, no PA would be necessary.
Meanwhile, the pirates just laugh and burn another copy.

> (By the way, Product Activation has been found to be COMPLETELY legal.
> I assure you, Microsofts' legal department would have reseached case
> law VERY, VERY carefully before instituting the process. Not only
> that, but MANY software developers are starting to require Product
> Activation or other means of authentication of some sort.)

BS. PA has never been challenged in court. You're back pedaling big time
now.

> Tell me, WHY do you feel "insulted", as you call it? An insult can
> only touch you if there is ANY thing in you which responds to it.

Having to prove, twice, that I bought something is insulting.

> For instance, I do not feel insulted that you have called me a "Moron"
> publically several times in this newsgroup, because I know I am not a
> moron.

I should have rephrased that. You were and are acting like a moron. I don't
know you well enough to know if you always act like that.

> Now, when I was younger, I would have felt insulted, because I
> was puffed up with pride, like most younger adults and some older
> ones, too. I do admit that I still struggle with pride from time to
> time. After all, I am still a little immature myself. I certainly
> don't claim to being God or a wise man.

Good thing.

> There is no room or need for pride in the heart of a mature person.
>
> Donald L McDaniel

Really? Gosh, I always thought one should be proud of a number of things
like a job well done, caring for your customers and not driving them crazy
with having to prove they're not thieves twice after paying for a product
but what the hell do I know, I don't believe in a god and I think that Jesus
of Nazarath had a slew of kids with Magdalena and retired to the Kashmir.

Cody

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:40:36 +0200, "Alias"
<aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:

> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:44:05 +0200, "Alias"
> > <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:
> >

> >> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote

> >> Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said that MS ASSUMES YOU
> >> ARE
> >> GUILTY, not me, you moron! They ASSUME ONE IS GUILTY OF PIRACY UNTIL ONE
> >> PROVES OTHERWISE by activation and WGA.
> >
> > OK, prove it publically! I will certainly change my mind about
> > Microsoft if you can PROVE (with internal documentation from MICROSOFT
> > or a finding by a court of law) what you just said.
>
> Reading comprehension isn't your only problem. You also have a problem with
> logic. Why should I have to prove I bought something twice when I have the
> receipt for payment over in the drawer?

No, "alias" you are the one with reading comprehension problems: I
was referring your bold-faced lie that Microsoft automatically assumes
all are guilty of piracy, above: Prove that Microsoft automatically
considers all guilty of piracy until one proves it otherwise.

Microsoft is not trying to weed out the LEGITIMATE license-holders
with Product activation. They are trying to weed out the illegitimate
licenses. To do this, they MUST check ALL keys without exception,
since they have no record connecting an individual key with a
legitimate license holder's name.

They DO have a list of pirated keys, or keys known to be pirated at
one time or other, or keys which are used to attempt activation when
the Activation record for that particular key is flagged as being
already used to install on a machine with a different hardware profile
than the hardware profile of the machine currently attempting to
activate.

So a part of Product Activation is a check of ALL keys against that
list, plus other algorithms. Those which do not pass the test are
rejected, while those which do pass it are activated, or go on to
further algorithms.

> > Product Activation ACTUALLY assumes that ALL product keys of XP are
> > LEGITIMATE, not ILLEGITIMATE. You just got it backward. Not
> > completely your fault. You just lack a little knowledge and
> > understanding about Microsoft Product Activation.
>
> BS. If they assumed all were legitimate, no PA would be necessary.
> Meanwhile, the pirates just laugh and burn another copy.

No, if YOU assumed that all were legitimate, no PA would be necessary.
However, not all users of Windows are as honest as you.

For whatever reason, Microsoft has decided that it is necessary

> > (By the way, Product Activation has been found to be COMPLETELY legal.
> > I assure you, Microsofts' legal department would have reseached case
> > law VERY, VERY carefully before instituting the process. Not only
> > that, but MANY software developers are starting to require Product
> > Activation or other means of authentication of some sort.)
>
> BS. PA has never been challenged in court. You're back pedaling big time
> now.
> >
> > Tell me, WHY do you feel "insulted", as you call it? An insult can
> > only touch you if there is ANY thing in you which responds to it.
>
> Having to prove, twice, that I bought something is insulting.

Product activation does not check to see if YOU bought the license,
they only check to see if the KEY is valid, since they have no
personal information about you, unless you actually REGISTER the
software after installing it. They don't care whether YOU bought the
license or not. They only care that the key is valid. I don't even
think that they have a record of which key was generated by the
manufacturer for each copy of XP. They MAY have a record, though. I
just don't know. If they did, it would make it really easy to check a
license's validity. Just check each key against that list of valid
keys.

However, you know, and I know that MANY copies of XP have been
casually copied, and distributed, either by real pirates, or your
neighbor (this is an example: I am not specifically referring to YOUR
neighbor here, since only God knows whether your actual neighbor
casually copied Windows 9x or XP), because Windows 9x users did it a
LOT. As long as it contains characters with correct numerical order
and type, it is considered legitimate. Microsoft RIGHTLY assumed when
XP was released, that people were going to try to casually copy it
like they did with 9x. THOSE people made Product Activation
necessary, not Microsoft.

> > For instance, I do not feel insulted that you have called me a "Moron"
> > publically several times in this newsgroup, because I know I am not a
> > moron.
>
> I should have rephrased that. You were and are acting like a moron. I don't
> know you well enough to know if you always act like that.

How does a moron act? What are the symptoms of moronic behavior
patterns? Are you a mental health professional? Are you a
sociologist? Are you a Psychiatric Social Worker? Are you a
specialist in abnormal psychology? What are your degrees? Where did
you go to school? What schools did you attend? What is your true
name, address, and phone number, so I can check them out.

Until you can prove to me that you are qualified to make such
judgments, I will continue to reject such attempted insults.

> > Now, when I was younger, I would have felt insulted, because I
> > was puffed up with pride, like most younger adults and some older
> > ones, too. I do admit that I still struggle with pride from time to
> > time. After all, I am still a little immature myself. I certainly
> > don't claim to being God or a wise man.
>
> Good thing.
> >
> > There is no room or need for pride in the heart of a mature person.
> >
> > Donald L McDaniel
>
> Really? Gosh, I always thought one should be proud of a number of things
> like a job well done, caring for your customers and not driving them crazy
> with having to prove they're not thieves twice after paying for a product
> but what the hell do I know, I don't believe in a god and I think that Jesus
> of Nazarath had a slew of kids with Magdalena and retired to the Kashmir.
>
> Cody

Cody, there is a BIG difference between being "puffed up with pride"
and being proud of your accomplishments, as long as you report that
God helped you perform them, and are truly humble about your
accomplishments. The other kind of pride (false pride) originates
with Satan, who thought that he could rise up to take God's Place on
His Throne, or beside Him, thinking he was equal with God.

If you think within yourself tthat you are GREATER or BETTER than
anyone else, you are puffed up with false pride. This is what I mean
by "puffed up with pride".

By the way, did you know that the Bible (God's Book) tells us that
only a fool believes there is no God.

Are you a fool, Cody?

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:40:36 +0200, "Alias"
> <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:
>

>> "Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > OK, prove it publically! I will certainly change my mind about
>> > Microsoft if you can PROVE (with internal documentation from MICROSOFT
>> > or a finding by a court of law) what you just said.
>>
>> Reading comprehension isn't your only problem. You also have a problem
>> with
>> logic. Why should I have to prove I bought something twice when I have
>> the
>> receipt for payment over in the drawer?
>
> No, "alias" you are the one with reading comprehension problems: I
> was referring your bold-faced lie that Microsoft automatically assumes
> all are guilty of piracy, above: Prove that Microsoft automatically
> considers all guilty of piracy until one proves it otherwise.

Activation and WGA, by definition, assume you have a pirated copy until you
prove otherwise by activating or passing the WGA test.

> Microsoft is not trying to weed out the LEGITIMATE license-holders
> with Product activation. They are trying to weed out the illegitimate
> licenses. To do this, they MUST check ALL keys without exception,
> since they have no record connecting an individual key with a
> legitimate license holder's name.

Like I said, only paying customers are affected. The pirates have cracked PA
and WGA.

> They DO have a list of pirated keys, or keys known to be pirated at
> one time or other, or keys which are used to attempt activation when
> the Activation record for that particular key is flagged as being
> already used to install on a machine with a different hardware profile
> than the hardware profile of the machine currently attempting to
> activate.

You don't have to convince me that the process is lame.

> So a part of Product Activation is a check of ALL keys against that
> list, plus other algorithms. Those which do not pass the test are
> rejected, while those which do pass it are activated, or go on to
> further algorithms.

Again, pirated copies have the PA cracked so the only people inconvenienced
and who can come up with a false positive are paying customers.

>> > Product Activation ACTUALLY assumes that ALL product keys of XP are
>> > LEGITIMATE, not ILLEGITIMATE. You just got it backward. Not
>> > completely your fault. You just lack a little knowledge and
>> > understanding about Microsoft Product Activation.
>>
>> BS. If they assumed all were legitimate, no PA would be necessary.
>> Meanwhile, the pirates just laugh and burn another copy.
>
> No, if YOU assumed that all were legitimate, no PA would be necessary.
> However, not all users of Windows are as honest as you.

The dishonest ones have cracked copies of pirated XPs and are not affected.

> For whatever reason, Microsoft has decided that it is necessary
>

>> > (By the way, Product Activation has been found to be COMPLETELY legal.
>> > I assure you, Microsofts' legal department would have reseached case
>> > law VERY, VERY carefully before instituting the process. Not only
>> > that, but MANY software developers are starting to require Product
>> > Activation or other means of authentication of some sort.)
>>
>> BS. PA has never been challenged in court. You're back pedaling big time
>> now.
>> >
>> > Tell me, WHY do you feel "insulted", as you call it? An insult can
>> > only touch you if there is ANY thing in you which responds to it.
>>
>> Having to prove, twice, that I bought something is insulting.
>
> Product activation does not check to see if YOU bought the license,
> they only check to see if the KEY is valid, since they have no
> personal information about you, unless you actually REGISTER the
> software after installing it. They don't care whether YOU bought the
> license or not. They only care that the key is valid. I don't even
> think that they have a record of which key was generated by the
> manufacturer for each copy of XP. They MAY have a record, though. I
> just don't know. If they did, it would make it really easy to check a
> license's validity. Just check each key against that list of valid
> keys.

Having to prove, twice, that I bought something is insulting.

> However, you know, and I know that MANY copies of XP have been
> casually copied, and distributed, either by real pirates, or your
> neighbor (this is an example: I am not specifically referring to YOUR
> neighbor here, since only God knows whether your actual neighbor
> casually copied Windows 9x or XP), because Windows 9x users did it a
> LOT. As long as it contains characters with correct numerical order
> and type, it is considered legitimate. Microsoft RIGHTLY assumed when
> XP was released, that people were going to try to casually copy it
> like they did with 9x. THOSE people made Product Activation
> necessary, not Microsoft.

There aren't any statistics to show which was pirated more, 9x or XP. There
ARE statistics that MS became filthy rich with 9x.

>> > For instance, I do not feel insulted that you have called me a "Moron"
>> > publically several times in this newsgroup, because I know I am not a
>> > moron.
>>
>> I should have rephrased that. You were and are acting like a moron. I
>> don't
>> know you well enough to know if you always act like that.
>
> How does a moron act? What are the symptoms of moronic behavior
> patterns? Are you a mental health professional? Are you a
> sociologist? Are you a Psychiatric Social Worker? Are you a
> specialist in abnormal psychology? What are your degrees? Where did
> you go to school? What schools did you attend? What is your true
> name, address, and phone number, so I can check them out.

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows. If you want
the definition of "moron", look it up in the dictionary. My personal
information is none of your business.

> Until you can prove to me that you are qualified to make such
> judgments, I will continue to reject such attempted insults.

Wow, as if I care.

>> > Now, when I was younger, I would have felt insulted, because I
>> > was puffed up with pride, like most younger adults and some older
>> > ones, too. I do admit that I still struggle with pride from time to
>> > time. After all, I am still a little immature myself. I certainly
>> > don't claim to being God or a wise man.
>>
>> Good thing.
>> >
>> > There is no room or need for pride in the heart of a mature person.
>> >
>> > Donald L McDaniel
>>
>> Really? Gosh, I always thought one should be proud of a number of things
>> like a job well done, caring for your customers and not driving them
>> crazy
>> with having to prove they're not thieves twice after paying for a product
>> but what the hell do I know, I don't believe in a god and I think that
>> Jesus
>> of Nazarath had a slew of kids with Magdalena and retired to the Kashmir.
>>

> Cody, there is a BIG difference between being "puffed up with pride"
> and being proud of your accomplishments, as long as you report that
> God helped you perform them, and are truly humble about your
> accomplishments.

God doesn't exist.

> The other kind of pride (false pride) originates
> with Satan, who thought that he could rise up to take God's Place on
> His Throne, or beside Him, thinking he was equal with God.

Satan doesn't exist.

> If you think within yourself tthat you are GREATER or BETTER than
> anyone else, you are puffed up with false pride. This is what I mean
> by "puffed up with pride".

Well, whoopy de doo. Are you puffed up with pride about it?

> By the way, did you know that the Bible (God's Book) tells us that
> only a fool believes there is no God.

Only fools believe in something that doesn't exist.

> Are you a fool, Cody?

No, you are. I suppose you also believe in the fairy that exchanges money
for body parts.

Alias

Alias wrote:

> Not being able to prove something doesn't exist could apply to
> anything. The xtians say god exists but can't prove it. Even they say
> you have to take a "leap in faith" to believe it.

And it also takes a leap in faith to know that no god/creator exists. A
truly wise man would say "I don't know" whether a god/creator exists or
not, and would keep an open mind, as the possibility remains that the
existence or non-existence of a god/creator may one day be known.

But as I said, on the scale of foolishness knowing a specific "God" is
the most foolish of all, as no one has yet to prove that a god/creator,
in general, even exists. To know a very specific "God" is like knowing
that Peter Pan exists.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Alias

"Donald McDaniel" <dlmcdaniel2005@yahoo.com> wrote

> By the way, did you know that the Bible (God's Book) tells us that
> only a fool believes there is no God.

To which version of the bible are you referring? You do know that it was
rewritten many times for political reasons, don't you?

> Are you a fool?

No, only people who believe in a non existent god are fools.

> Donald L McDaniel

You never answered my questions about the spiritual kingdoms good little
xtians go to. Why not? At a loss for words?

Alias

Alias

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote

> Alias wrote:
>
>> Not being able to prove something doesn't exist could apply to
>> anything. The xtians say god exists but can't prove it. Even they say
>> you have to take a "leap in faith" to believe it.
>
> And it also takes a leap in faith to know that no god/creator exists. A
> truly wise man would say "I don't know" whether a god/creator exists or
> not, and would keep an open mind, as the possibility remains that the
> existence or non-existence of a god/creator may one day be known.
>
> But as I said, on the scale of foolishness knowing a specific "God" is the
> most foolish of all, as no one has yet to prove that a god/creator, in
> general, even exists. To know a very specific "God" is like knowing that
> Peter Pan exists.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt

So a truly wise man would say "I don't know" to Bush being a god? Or a
pineapple? How about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? Would a truly wise man
say "I don't know" if she is a god?

Besides, if humankind was created in god's image, that doesn't say much for
god.

Also, if god created man with all his earthly desires and then says one
cannot give in to those desires, what kind of god is that?

"God said to Abraham, kill me a son ..."

Fact is, all gods were created by men to control other men and women.

Alias