There is no Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and probably will not be for more
than a year.
When the time for release of SP-3 gets closer, it will be all over the
newsgroups as well as this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"American Zombie" <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F11A5CC3-B4E1-4369-AFDF-B0EE04BFB9EE@microsoft.com...
>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling
>it.
> The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.
>
> http://www.thehotfix.net/sp3.html

Alias

Not to mention and new and improved program that assumes that paying
customers are thieves. Naturally, like WPA and WGA, it will have bugs and
won't affect piracy one iota.

Alias

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote

> There is no Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and probably will not be for
> more than a year.
> When the time for release of SP-3 gets closer, it will be all over the
> newsgroups as well as this page:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "American Zombie" <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:F11A5CC3-B4E1-4369-AFDF-B0EE04BFB9EE@microsoft.com...
>>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling
>>it.
>> The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.
>>
>> http://www.thehotfix.net/sp3.html

bill

I think it assumes that non paying customers are thieves. It just checks
that you are a paying customer.

Is the glass half full or half empty. Or are you just a jerk?

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> Not to mention and new and improved program that assumes that paying
> customers are thieves. Naturally, like WPA and WGA, it will have bugs and
> won't affect piracy one iota.
>
> Alias
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote
>
>> There is no Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and probably will not be for
>> more than a year.
>> When the time for release of SP-3 gets closer, it will be all over the
>> newsgroups as well as this page:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "American Zombie" <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:F11A5CC3-B4E1-4369-AFDF-B0EE04BFB9EE@microsoft.com...
>>>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is
>>>calling it.
>>> The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.
>>>
>>> http://www.thehotfix.net/sp3.html

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You should only trust Microsoft hr hr what a joke.

What about fixing IE or MAYBE a new version will fix the problem don't
help one with old OS's they need to upgrade, more scrap PC's.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:45:03 -0700, American Zombie
<AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling it.
>The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.
>
>http://www.thehotfix.net/sp3.html

--
Bob

peter

Not that what you say has anything to do with this at all. They are fixing
I.E. and have been from the very beginning. IE7 next year.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Bob" <goff1234@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> You should only trust Microsoft hr hr what a joke.
>
> What about fixing IE or MAYBE a new version will fix the problem don't
> help one with old OS's they need to upgrade, more scrap PC's.
>

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:45:03 -0700, American Zombie
> <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling
>>it.
>>The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.
>>
>>http://www.thehotfix.net/sp3.html
>
> --
> Bob

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Well then by all means, Bob, load up "SP3" with all it's "hotfixes". Hope you
don't mind broadcasting your account information to whichever script
kiddies/Internet thieves who wrote this "trustworthy" patch.

"Bob" wrote:

> You should only trust Microsoft hr hr what a joke.
>
> What about fixing IE or MAYBE a new version will fix the problem don't
> help one with old OS's they need to upgrade, more scrap PC's.
>

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:45:03 -0700, American Zombie
> <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling it.
> >The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.
> >
> >http://www.thehotfix.net/sp3.html
>
> --
> Bob

"American Zombie" <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F11A5CC3-B4E1-4369-AFDF-B0EE04BFB9EE@microsoft.com...
>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling
>it.
> The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.

It is most definitely NOT official.
They should not be calling it that and anyone who uses it is posing a risk
to the stability of their system; as they have included hotfixes not
generally available without us confirming you actually have the problem they
solve and having a record of you to track the problem and also update you
with newer versions.

You should not use this package and should use Microsoft Update
(http://update.microsoft.com) to ensure your PC is up to date.
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"American Zombie" <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F11A5CC3-B4E1-4369-AFDF-B0EE04BFB9EE@microsoft.com...
>I want to know if this is official or just what this below site is calling
>it.
> The last I knew of there was only SP2 out officially.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

While "Internet Explorer 7" is due to be released in late 2005 MAYBE,
the name is misleading. IE7 is not a browser update. It is only a
WinXP SP2 patch. IE7 will not be available to install on any other
Windows versions, much less on any other operating system. In other
words, Microsoft is dropping Internet Explorer, blending browser
functionality fully into Windows, in order to force their customers to
accept Internet browsing as a Windows function in future versions of
the operating system. This leaves a somewhat odd situation for users
of any Windows version other than XP with Service Pack 2 installed.
Internet Explorer is already outdated, lacking support for current Web
standards such as Cascading Style Sheets. The last real update of IE
was in 2001. When Windows 2000 support ends (planned for 2010),
Win2000 users will have an Internet Explorer browser installed that
has not been updated for 9 years!

In a January 2005 interview,
http://news.com.com/Gates+taking+a+seat+in+your+den/2008-1041_3-5514121.html
Bill Gates was asked about the fact that people are abandoning
Internet Explorer for security reasons. He responded,

"Well, no one invests more in security of their browser than what we
do on IE. The key message we have for people is they should turn on
auto update because if you turn on auto update....you can know that
there are hundreds of very smart people who are constantly improving
your browser and making sure that you're safe. And so with auto update
and IE, you're getting the top security team and the quickest response
team that there is anywhere."

It's understandable that Bill Gates would want to show IE in a good
light, but there's a comic irony in his statement: At the moment that
Bill Gates was speaking those words, while the latest version of
Internet Explorer was pestering people about downloading "untrusted"
files, it was also being attacked by mere webpages
http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?newsID=2897, through bugs
present in the latest update
http://news.com.com/IE+flaw+threat+hits+the+roof/2100-1002_3-5517457.html
of WinXP SP2 that allow code to be run on a client computer by just
visiting a webpage using IE. Those "hundreds of very smart people"
comprising the "quickest response team", working "constantly" for over
two months, had yet to come up with a solution to make it safe for
WinXP users to just open a webpage in Internet Explorer.

"Bill" <BillGates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think it assumes that non paying customers are thieves. It just checks
>that you are a paying customer.

What's the difference? Again, the only people inconvenienced are paying
customers. The thieves use cracks. I have a receipt for my XP. That's all
the proof I need to prove I bought it and MS should need a court order to
see it.

> Is the glass half full or half empty. Or are you just a jerk?

Have you stopped beating your wife and kids?

Alias

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> Not to mention and new and improved program that assumes that paying
>> customers are thieves. Naturally, like WPA and WGA, it will have bugs and
>> won't affect piracy one iota.
>>
>> Alias
>>
>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote
>>
>>> There is no Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and probably will not be for
>>> more than a year.
>>> When the time for release of SP-3 gets closer, it will be all over the
>>> newsgroups as well as this page:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>>

>>> "American Zombie" <AmericanZombie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:F11A5CC3-B4E1-4369-AFDF-B0EE04BFB9EE@microsoft.com...

bill

Well I run a shop with over 250 XP Pro machines and have NEVER been
"inconvenienced".
I think the only people who will be inconvenienced are the thieves.

And no I haven't stopped beating my wife and kids yet.

> "Bill" <BillGates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I think it assumes that non paying customers are thieves. It just checks
>>that you are a paying customer.
>
> What's the difference? Again, the only people inconvenienced are paying
> customers. The thieves use cracks. I have a receipt for my XP. That's all
> the proof I need to prove I bought it and MS should need a court order to
> see it.
>
>> Is the glass half full or half empty. Or are you just a jerk?
>
> Have you stopped beating your wife and kids?
>
> Alias
>>
>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> Not to mention and new and improved program that assumes that paying
>>> customers are thieves. Naturally, like WPA and WGA, it will have bugs
>>> and won't affect piracy one iota.
>>>
>>> Alias
>>>
>>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote

Alias

"Bill" <BillGates@microsoft.com> wrote

> Well I run a shop with over 250 XP Pro machines and have NEVER been
> "inconvenienced".
> I think the only people who will be inconvenienced are the thieves.

You're wrong.

> And no I haven't stopped beating my wife and kids yet.

So, who's the jerk?

Alias

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bill" <BillGates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I think it assumes that non paying customers are thieves. It just checks
>>>that you are a paying customer.
>>
>> What's the difference? Again, the only people inconvenienced are paying
>> customers. The thieves use cracks. I have a receipt for my XP. That's all
>> the proof I need to prove I bought it and MS should need a court order to
>> see it.
>>
>>> Is the glass half full or half empty. Or are you just a jerk?
>>
>> Have you stopped beating your wife and kids?
>>
>> Alias
>>>
>>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:54:39 -0600, "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
<jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote:

>There is no Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and probably will not be for more
>than a year.
>When the time for release of SP-3 gets closer, it will be all over the
>newsgroups as well as this page:
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

Microsoft complains about someone making a xp sp3 patch?

There is any unofficial patch for windows 98se that is recommended by
reliable sources. You can download this patch almost anywhere on the
web.

Greg Ro

> While "Internet Explorer 7" is due to be released in late 2005 MAYBE,

no 2006.

> the name is misleading. IE7 is not a browser update. It is only a
> WinXP SP2 patch.

no it is a new version of IE, with feature and functional changes, in both
the versions on Windows Vista and also on Windows XP SP2.

> IE7 will not be available to install on any other
> Windows versions,

correct - all our other opertaing systems are out of mainstream support,
including Windows 2000.

> much less on any other operating system. In other
> words, Microsoft is dropping Internet Explorer, blending browser
> functionality fully into Windows,

no actually IE7 is more detached from the OS then previous versions of IE.

> in order to force their customers to
> accept Internet browsing as a Windows function in future versions of
> the operating system.

It is already that in Windows XP today.

> This leaves a somewhat odd situation for users
> of any Windows version other than XP with Service Pack 2 installed.
> Internet Explorer is already outdated, lacking support for current Web
> standards such as Cascading Style Sheets.

Yes and all those older version of Windows are no longer under mainstream
support

> The last real update of IE
> was in 2001. When Windows 2000 support ends (planned for 2010),
> Win2000 users will have an Internet Explorer browser installed that
> has not been updated for 9 years!

2010 is only the end of extended support. this is only for paid for support
for bug fixes/problems and not new enhancements etc.

see
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifecycle

for more about what we mean by mainstream and extended support.

--

Regards,

Mike
--