xp won't boot error message system32\drivers\pci.sys file is missing or
corrupt. I have made 6 boot disks from microsoft web site, however the
instructions say I must have the windows xp cd rom to finish the setup
process. I don't have the setup disk, bought the computer used from someone,
no disk to be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Windows XP problems with damaged or incompatible hardware"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330181

Ted Zieglar

"Sondra" <Sondra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> xp won't boot error message system32\drivers\pci.sys file is missing or
> corrupt. I have made 6 boot disks from microsoft web site, however the
> instructions say I must have the windows xp cd rom to finish the setup
> process. I don't have the setup disk, bought the computer used from
> someone,
> no disk to be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just get the file from a friend, transfer to floppy, and see if you can use
the command prompt to transfer the file to the C drive.

BMR777