ausdog

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2005
Will bumping the voltage to this cpu reasonably safely help with overclocking. Bumping the ram to 2.8v only took the ram to 418mhz and not being rock stable. It's on an Abit NV7S-V2 mobo with Samsung matched pc3200. Cpu is nice and cool.

Max 'safe' voltage for that chip is 1.75/1.8 - but if your RAM is only rated @ DDR400 then you might have to run a divider to increase the Core up much further.

Anyway, you're not likely to get a big overclock out of that chip.

A good way to make sure your overclock is stable is by running folding@home and joining our team.

<A HREF="http://www.teamthgc.blogdns.org/team.htm" target="_new">Here is the link</A> - You know you want to.

endyen

Splendid
That mobo is famous for undervolting chips. If you check with MBM5, you will probably find that your chip is only getting 1.61, rather than 1.65 volts.
Raising the chip voltage does have an adverse effect on system temps, so go up in small steps.

ausdog

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2005
You are correct that the chipset is only getting 1.60V but the only other choice is 1.7. Nobody has said anything about doing anyting with cpu volts. Will 1.7 generally be safe (chipset) and nobody has said anything about voltage to the cpu. 410 has been about the max ("doubled" to 418) on the FSB, and that would hardly seem worth fooling with.

ausdog

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2005
As I say I am heavily medicated because of my illness and as a result I'm not usually hitting on all eight.I appreciate you guys tolerance if it seems like the light is on but no one is home. I just torture this poor computer as a way to waste time.