Question XPS 630i for 12900k first build

Mar 14, 2024
Hello! I am planning to build a pc and i am wondering if i can use the 12900k in the xps dell 630i. My only concern is temperatures and airflow as i want the processor to last long and not overheat.

I will be using the contact frame and the DARK ROCK PRO 4. Can i use this case or should i get a modern one? Anything is appreciated!

Being as that was a one and done Dell design built around BTX motherboard standards first you would need to rebuilt the back panel and motherboard stand offs to play nice with ATX standards.

And realize that say you do make it fit new ATX motherboard it would be inverted. Not really a big deal but just throwing that out there.

Reactions: Drinkemyslurpe
Mar 14, 2024
Being as that was a one and done Dell design built around BTX motherboard standards first you would need to rebuilt the back panel and motherboard stand offs to play nice with ATX standards.

And realize that say you do make it fit new ATX motherboard it would be inverted. Not really a big deal but just throwing that out there.
Ohh ok, ive fit a maximus VIII hero there almost perfectly where it fit the standoffs well so that gives me hope. Does the case have good airflow tho? Im fearing that the cpu will overheat in this case.

Honestly it's been so long 2007 or 2008 that model came out I don't fully remember the aspects of heat with the case. I do recall those Dells coming with Nvidia 8800 GPU that ran hot so that's the best memory wise i can answer.

I always thought that was a cool case.

Reactions: Drinkemyslurpe
Mar 14, 2024
Honestly it's been so long 2007 or 2008 that model came out I don't fully remember the aspects of heat with the case. I do recall those Dells coming with Nvidia 8800 GPU that ran hot so that's the best memory wise i can answer.

I always thought that was a cool case.
Ohh thats cool thanks for ur input i appreciate it mate! Its like a spaceship of nostalgia ill b keeping it for a long time lol.