Question Yellow/Orange DRAM Light on Motherboard. Only happening when I'm on web browsers? Can play games just fine. Confused.

Anthony NakiHead

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014
Specs Include:

• GPU: GeForce RTX™ 4090 GAMING OC 24G
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread
  • RAM: G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 4000
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
  • PSU: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 Gaming Power Supply - Full Modular - 80 Plus Gold Certified 1000W
  • Monitors: GIGABYTE M28U 28" 144Hz Gaming Monitor, 3840 x 2160 SS IPS Display (main)
  • Secondary Monitor: Acer 144hz 1080p monitor (don't know the name)
Backstory:
I recently upgraded my PC. Prior I had a 1070 Strix GPU in my system. All of the other specs are the same except for the new 4k Monitor and PSU (I had an 850w).
I was experiencing issues with my 1070 before. The VGA light was on my motherboard. After an hour or so of gaming, the new monitor would lock/freeze and then the
display would go black. Undetected by the PC. The entire PC would remain on, fans spinning, RGB lights on, etc.
So I went and installed a new my new PSU and GPU and reconnected all the cables. Sure enough, the system booted up fine.
Installed the new drivers for the 4090 (made sure to delete the old one).

Current Issue:
So now that I have all my parts in. After about 30 mins of browsing the web on my PC, I am experiencing the display shutting off, my keyboard & mouse shutting off, unable to turn it back on.
The weird part is, I was able to play a video game for about an hour with no real issues. I think towards the end of the hour, the screen flickered once but, came back on.
The lock-out issue so far has only been when I am using a browser or something like Youtube. I will have to test out more games to see if the issue is still there.
This never happened to me on my old monitor and system. I also installed new case fans. So the issue I am having is the display shutting off along with KBM and the motherboard has
a YELLOW light where it says DRAM. I tried taking out the RAM and placing them back in... waiting to hear a click to make sure they are in good.
Does anyone know what issue I am having? I dropped a lot of money on this build.

Just had a 10-minute from boot time before the problem occurred. Tried swapping RAM places to see if it maybe fixes it.

Edit: Just played 1 full hour of Cyberpunk 2077 with raytracing and max settings. No issue? The second I run google the problem happens within 10-20 mins? I am so confused.

Edit: Played overwatch 2 for 3 hours. Not a single screen flicker. Everything is working fine. Temps are fine. I tried clearing the CMOS battery but to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening to my system?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events occurring just before or at the time(s) that any problem has occurred.

Start with Reliability History. Much more end user friendly and the time line format can be very revealing.

Event Viewer takes more time and effort to navigate and understand.

FYI:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Take your time. No need to rush things. Look for patterns. Clicking on any given error will provide more information but that information may or may not be helpful.

Post what you find.

Anthony NakiHead

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events occurring just before or at the time(s) that any problem has occurred.

Start with Reliability History. Much more end user friendly and the time line format can be very revealing.

FYI:

Take your time. No need to rush things. Look for patterns. Clicking on any given error will provide more information but that information may or may not be helpful.

Post what you find.

Thank you for the reply. I will be sure to check that out ASAP. Also, maybe this information will help. I figured out that running a game while having google open on my other monitor is
causing the issue to not occur. Could it be that when my GPU is being utilized, there are no issues but, when I run something like a web browser the MOBO freaks out?
I also noticed the issue will happen when I am idle on the desktop. Been gaming for 3 hrs with no issues.

Anthony NakiHead

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014

FYI:

Post what you find.

The only critical event I am seeing is "Windows was not properly shut down". I assume that's from me holding down the power button to restart the unresponsive Display.

Anthony NakiHead

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014

FYI:

Post what you find.

My critical errors I can see are:
  • Kernel-Power 41
Regular Errors:
  • Kernel-Boot 124 (seeing this one a lot)
  • Hyper-V-Hypervisor 42 (Hypervisor launch failed; Either SVM not present or not enabled in BIOS (seeing this on a lot)
  • DistributedCOM 10005 - DCOM got error "87" attempting to start the service GamingServices with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server
  • disk 7 - The device, \Device\Harddisk2\DR2, has a bad block
I'll post pictures

Anthony NakiHead

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014

FYI:

Post what you find.

View: https://imgur.com/6ItU2vO

Anthony NakiHead

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2014

FYI:

Post what you find.

Sorry for all the replies. I might have fixed the issue. I don't want to jinx anything but, I switched off HDR and then noticed I had KVM on my Monitor's main display. I turned
KVM is off completely and so far, I haven't run into any issues. I also noticed one of the error codes is Hypervisor (which is directly associated with KVM).
I also turned on SVM from BIOS.
I hope I fixed the issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Very good.

Do be careful about changing more than one thing at a time. If something else happens to go astray it may be difficult to identify cause.

Remember to keep notes about what you changed, where you made the change and any before/after values.